Weather icons blinking frantically?
(2012-03-28, 02:28)ronie Wrote: would any of you be able to make a video of the issue?

Sure. I see this to
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-28, 02:28)ronie Wrote: would any of you be able to make a video of the issue?

I just did a quick cam studio of the issue. You can get it from my ftp site: tydaniels.frozenbrain.com l:ronie p:ronie

Let me know if you want anything else.
(2012-03-28, 16:39)the_stag Wrote:

I just did a quick cam studio of the issue. You can get it from my ftp site: tydaniels.frozenbrain.com l:ronie p:ronie

thanx! got it.
will pass it along to the devs.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I don't understand why mine all of a sudden started working again after installing the first beta of Eden and is still working with the final release of Eden while others are still having problems, but if I can help out in any way to fix this for everyone else, just let me know. I am running under Windows XP SP3 32bit if that makes any difference.
(2012-04-01, 04:13)barcoboy Wrote: I don't understand why mine all of a sudden started working again after installing the first beta of Eden and is still working with the final release of Eden while others are still having problems, but if I can help out in any way to fix this for everyone else, just let me know. I am running under Windows XP SP3 32bit if that makes any difference.

I wonder if it's because you're on XP and I did my tests on Windows 7...?
(2012-03-27, 17:59)the_stag Wrote: First off, I love T! I'd like to think I've done some pretty extensive testing and experimentation with all the major skins, and every time I come back to T! Now to the topic at hand:

I have also run into this problem. I remember it starting around the time the weather function stopped working in Dharma. I didn't take much note of it since nothing was working properly.

My machine at home is running Windows 7 64-bit Professional, and I'm not having a problem there (at the moment). I installed Eden quickly after it was released and set off to configure T! even better than I had it before.

I'm the IT guy at my office, so I get some down time to tinker with whatever holds my interest at the moment. I'm running Windows 7 32-bit Professional on my work computer. I just installed Eden hours ago to do some more testing and tweaking that I can implement at home and I noticed that the weather was blinking. After some more testing and research this is what I've come up with:
T! is the only skin I found (in the default add-on repository) that uses animated icons. All the other skins (except for Metropolis) use the default weather icons included with Eden.
It seems that the blinking occurs as the animation loops (also stated in an earlier post)
If you turn off the animation option(s) through Settings>Skin Settings>Icons that fixes the problem.

I know some of this has been stated before, and hopefully some of this is new and can be helpful for someone.
Turning off animations worked for me as well . Thanks.
I would agree 100% with the animation causing it. It appears to load all the frames and plays them smoothly, then there is a delay in reloading the animation sequence again, and during that delay nothing is displayed.

Something like:

<empty icon space> <animation frame 1> <animation frame 2> <animation frame 3> <animation frame 4> ....<animation frame 5> <animation frame 6> <empty icon space> <repeat and loop from animation frame 1>
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather icons blinking frantically?0