Weather icons blinking frantically?
theuni Wrote:Could you please verify that those having this issue installed the new version from the official repository?
Just to clarify... are you referring to the textures.xbt file, or XBMC itself?
barcoboy Wrote:Just to clarify... are you referring to the textures.xbt file, or XBMC itself?

nope, it's about Transparency! v3.15.1
did you download it from the official xbmc addon repo?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
As mentioned earlier in the thread, I have the exact same problem, and in my case I got the skin update through the built in Addon system in XBMC. I have never used any SVN/Git versions, so I dont have anything old lying around.

Is there anything I can check regarding the textures.xbt file in my install, that you can compare to see if its broken? Like CRC, or file size or something. Compared to a file you know is working. Or is there a way to "reupdate" the skin files etc? Maybe something got corrupted when the skin was updated?
ronie Wrote:nope, it's about Transparency! v3.15.1
did you download it from the official xbmc addon repo?
Downloaded via XBMC 11.0... I mean 10.1. Wink
M0dj0 Wrote:As mentioned earlier in the thread, I have the exact same problem, and in my case I got the skin update through the built in Addon system in XBMC. I have never used any SVN/Git versions, so I dont have anything old lying around.

Same here. I just added it through XBMC - originally 10.0

After the initial troubles after upgrading to 10.1, I deleted it it and readded it, but again via XBMC
I am new to this but since getting the latest build I have been having the same problem with the weather. Also having issues with T! moving slowly between the home menu and submenu's. I got this version from the XBMC Addon within the program and am running Win7 64.

Great Skin!
Any status update for this issue? I'm starting to get tired of blinking weather icons Sad It looks so damn bad with this amazing skin.
M0dj0 Wrote:Any status update for this issue? I'm starting to get tired of blinking weather icons Sad
You can turn off the animation in the skin settings, and that will stop the blinking.
M0dj0 Wrote:Any status update for this issue? I'm starting to get tired of blinking weather icons Sad It looks so damn bad with this amazing skin.

The "test" method that Ronie made - replacing the media folder, fixed the animations for me. He said to undo it because it wasn't complete, but I just left it and don't seem to be missing anything.
M0dj0 Wrote:Any status update for this issue?

i have created a ticket for it:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11501

please, i you have this issue, reply to the ticket
so you'll get notified on any updates.
the devs may want some additional info from you.

thanx!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
i got this issue too, Eden beta 3, downloaded T! through the addon screen.

by the way, from the look of it, it seems that the flicker happens specifically when the icon's animation is looping, meaning when it goes back from the last frame to the first frame - there is a flicker.

any hope for us?
vadali Wrote:i got this issue too, Eden beta 3, downloaded T! through the addon screen.

by the way, from the look of it, it seems that the flicker happens specifically when the icon's animation is looping, meaning when it goes back from the last frame to the first frame - there is a flicker.

any hope for us?
Mine was fixed since the first beta of Eden... figured everyone else started working again too.
I still have it with Eden final. Anyone else?
First off, I love T! I'd like to think I've done some pretty extensive testing and experimentation with all the major skins, and every time I come back to T! Now to the topic at hand:

I have also run into this problem. I remember it starting around the time the weather function stopped working in Dharma. I didn't take much note of it since nothing was working properly.

My machine at home is running Windows 7 64-bit Professional, and I'm not having a problem there (at the moment). I installed Eden quickly after it was released and set off to configure T! even better than I had it before.

I'm the IT guy at my office, so I get some down time to tinker with whatever holds my interest at the moment. I'm running Windows 7 32-bit Professional on my work computer. I just installed Eden hours ago to do some more testing and tweaking that I can implement at home and I noticed that the weather was blinking. After some more testing and research this is what I've come up with:
T! is the only skin I found (in the default add-on repository) that uses animated icons. All the other skins (except for Metropolis) use the default weather icons included with Eden.
It seems that the blinking occurs as the animation loops (also stated in an earlier post)
If you turn off the animation option(s) through Settings>Skin Settings>Icons that fixes the problem.

I know some of this has been stated before, and hopefully some of this is new and can be helpful for someone.
would any of you be able to make a video of the issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather icons blinking frantically?0