• 6(current)
[LIVE]First true HTPC
Yea, will go with the DDS fanart compression. Btw, what size are your folder.jpg normally? I really like high res pictures so they look good on the TV too.

And yea, I've checked your unRAID thread but these videos are kinda old and like I said, some stuff changed with the new version. The real question was wether or not the jumper on pins 7-8 is still required on WD20EARS drives. But from what I've read in the forums now, if you use version 4.7 or up, you don't need to use the jumper if you use the -A parameter for the drives.
no jumpers needed correct...

and i use 720P FanArt ...
theres an option for that in the settings...

my FanArt.jpg's are between ~300Ko and ~500Ko
Last package will arrive tomorrow (21.04.) then I will start building asap (and take pictures of course Smile)
sweet!
New Page.
So, right now I've got all parts that I need EXCEPT the low profile bracket for the GT430 -.- I hope it arrives until saturday. So I've assembled everything except the GT430 and yea, here are some pics

All parts lying around. On the left side are all the parts for my HTPC, in the middle is the GB switch and on the right are all parts for my unRAID server

Mainboard + CPU + Scythe BIG Shuriken installed (btw. installing the Scythe BIG Shuriken on a LGA775 socket is A PAIN IN THE ASS! SRSLY. Goddamn push-pins)

Everything installed (except the GT430 and the SSD)

And here's a pic of my finished unRAID server. Since my co-worker was on vacation this week I don't have the backplane yet so I've installed the drives the normal way. The first thing I've done was changing the head parking value from 8 seconds to 300 seconds. Right now I'm preclearing all 3 drives using screen and preclear_disk.sh with the -A option (no jumpers installed on the WD20EARS)

And if someone is interested in some pics of the Sparkle GT430 passive. Here they come.
Reserved
Way to go Choque!!

Thats so nice to see updates like that on users builds!!

Amazing setup you'll have!! No Doubt!!
Preclearing is still running. Currently running for 21 hours and I'm at 55% of the last step (Post-Read). I'm pretty statisfied with the read values and temperature I get. I'm preclearing all 3 HDDs simultaneously with screen and from my various checks my average read speeds are around 100MB/s and temperatures are around 30°C so that's good I guess Big Grin
Still hoping for my low profile bracket to arrive tomorrow so I can finish the HTPC
ok well wait then Tongue
Ok! It's finally done! Since the last part (low profile bracket) arrived on saturday, I was finally able to finish this thing. So here are the final build pics

Since the passive cooler of the GT430 is that big, I had to..."shorten" the clips which hold my RAM in place Big Grin

It's a tight fit!

The whole thing, finally finished

My setup right now. LG 47LE8500 47'' Full LED TV, Sony PS3, Cheap TV-Tuner, Awesome HTPC Big Grin
A random shot from the Movie selection screen

I'm more than happy with the finished setup. It's making no (hearable) sound at all and it boots so goddamn fast. The unRAID server is doing it's job perfect too. So yea, everything turned out perfect (for me at least Smile)

The remote really worked out of the box so I had no problems with it. Just plug in the IR Reciever and boom, every button worked. Really happy about that too.

The only thing I'm considering right now is swaping out the passive cooled GT430 with either an active cooled GT430 or an active cooled GT210. Since my passive cooled GT430 reached temperatures around 90°C yesterday and I'm not sure if I like that.

Anyways - a big THANK YOU to everyone who helped me - especially eskro
Love you guys Tongue
instead of getting a new video card, couldn't you fit an 80 or 60mm fan on top of the passive cooler??
Yea I could probably do that too. But since I'm still in the 14 days in which I can return the card without a reason and since active cooled cards are like ~20€ cheaper, why not return it and get a new one Wink
what about this GT430 http://ow.ly/1sEArQ ??
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE]First true HTPC0