SSD upgrade
hi ive been hearing great things about ssd. My htpc is running slow as i have the win7 & media on the same drive. i was thinking of getting an 30GB OCZ SSD for the win7 & xbmc and have the media on a separate HDD.

My question is how do i transfer win7 & xbmc settings to the new SSD so that i can keep the drivers and xbmc settings etc. Is there any specific software which makes this easy?

I realy dont want to install windows again from scratch and xbmc.

And finally is 30GB ssd big enough for what i want to do?

thanks
30GB is plenty of space for windows, xbmc, database and fanart!
You might also want to enable dds fanart: click!

I hope your system and media are on different partitions.
Otherwise you need another hdd laying around that could temporary save your media to set your parition to the right size (~30GB).
30GB is minimum needed...
you'll have like ~13GB Free after installing windows....
just make sure to optimize your SSD --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95334
thanks guys for you fast response. The media is not on an seperate partition but thats no problem if i delete this as i have a backup of the media on an external HD.

I just need to know how to move my windows 7 and drivers and xbmc to the new ssd.
Saixbmc Wrote:thanks guys for you fast response. The media is not on an seperate partition but thats no problem if i delete this as i have a backup of the media on an external HD.

I just need to know how to move my windows 7 and drivers and xbmc to the new ssd.

I don't believe that's going to happen. Afraid you are going to have to bite the bullet and reinstall windows.No

The good news is windows will install turbo quick on the ssd. Then just download XBMC 10.1, copy over your addons and userdata folders and you will be golden.

*edit
It just popped into my head that you could clone the drive.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSD upgrade0