uxlaunch Documentation
ads_german Wrote:Ruud, I'm assuming you want the i386 build? If so, you can grab old individual .deb files from launchpad.net. Here's the xbmc-live .deb for the prevous (odk30) build: https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+a...id_all.deb

Alternatively, there are other previous builds here: https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+a...tate=built

Hi Ads_german,
that did the trick, thanks for helping me out Wink
regards,
Ruud
TV server: ClearOS 5.2, HTS Tvheadend git-0664329, IPTV
XBMC Clients (2): Jetway J7F3E Mini-ITX, AMD Geode NX1750, 1GB, Custom Build Case, 2,5" SATA 120GB, GeForce 8500GT (PCI) 256MB, NEC Slot-in DVD, 7" touch screen, 40" Samsung LED (VGA), ATI Remote Wonder (I)
(OS) Environment Clients: Ubuntu Server 10.04, XBMC 11.0 BETA 3, TVHeadend plugin enabled, Skin Confluenza
Ruud Wrote:your method doesn't work, unable to install xbmc-standalone due to unmet dependencies?
Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  xbmc-standalone: Depends: xbmc-data (= 2:11.0-pvr+odk14~git20110324.28a2544~ppa+odk14~lucid)
                   Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 2:11.0-pvr+odk14~git20110324.28a2544~ppa+odk14~lucid)

any other way?
regards,
Ruud.
Do not install xbmc-standalone and change "/usr/bin/xbmc-standalone" to "/usr/bin/xbmc" in the xbmc.conf should do the trick.

ads_german Wrote:ezechiel1917's advice is the easiest way to roll back, but you don't even need to fully roll back to the previous version of xbmc, only of xbmc-live.
But on each apt-get upgrade you will get an error.
updated packages without uxlaunch are being published, so you better ignore these workarounds and just update to the latest version (odk36) as soon as it's online.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:updated packages without uxlaunch are being published, so you better ignore these workarounds and just update to the latest version (odk36) as soon as it's online.

Agree. Are we talkin next hour or days?
-gob

hour, without s Smile it's building now
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:hour, without s Smile it's building now
and working like a charm: thanks again!
regards,
Ruud.
TV server: ClearOS 5.2, HTS Tvheadend git-0664329, IPTV
XBMC Clients (2): Jetway J7F3E Mini-ITX, AMD Geode NX1750, 1GB, Custom Build Case, 2,5" SATA 120GB, GeForce 8500GT (PCI) 256MB, NEC Slot-in DVD, 7" touch screen, 40" Samsung LED (VGA), ATI Remote Wonder (I)
(OS) Environment Clients: Ubuntu Server 10.04, XBMC 11.0 BETA 3, TVHeadend plugin enabled, Skin Confluenza
dushmaniac Wrote:updated packages without uxlaunch are being published, so you better ignore these workarounds and just update to the latest version (odk36) as soon as it's online.
Thank you for the quick update.
awesome! Well done!
-gob

gott_sei_dank Wrote:I upgraded to the latest build in the ppa, I was intrigued to see that some old faithful packages are no longer required and now there is this newfangled uxlaunch package. I guess almost inevitably it didn't work and the only useful information in the uxlaunch log was regarding a Consolekit error.

Code:
Error: Unable to open session with ConsoleKit: org.freedesktop.CkConnector.Error: Unable to open session: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules;
type="method_call", sender=":1.6" (uid=1000 pid=974 comm="uxlaunch) interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager" member="OpenSessionWithParameters" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" (uid=0 pid=1240 comm="/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon))

I think this means I need to change the user privileges somehow but I'm out of my depth here.

I wanted to answer the OP, since I ran into this after I upgraded to Natty. You can patch ConsoleKit.conf to solve the problem, like this:

Code:
--- /root/ConsoleKit.conf       2011-05-31 23:52:18.407683994 -0700
+++ /etc/dbus-1/system.d/ConsoleKit.conf        2011-05-31 23:51:57.047686006 -0700
@@ -41,6 +41,9 @@
            send_member="OpenSession"/>
     <allow send_destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit"
            send_interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"
+           send_member="OpenSessionWithParameters"/>
+    <allow send_destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit"
+           send_interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"
            send_member="CloseSession"/>
     <allow send_destination="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit"
            send_interface="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uxlaunch Documentation0