Reset/delete database and start from scratch
I want to delete my entire database of movies and music and then rebuild the database from scratch (I have renamed a lot of files and I have several dublicates in the database).

I have read DoomBelly's question on the forum: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...e+database but deleting the files mentioned in the the thread didnt do the job. Do I have to reset something through the gui as well?
Nuking the MyVideosXX.db file should be enough. Another possibility is to nuke the entire userdata folder and really start from scratch.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
When I nuke the entire userdata folder, I delete (rather than empty) the database. Does XBMC automaticly build new databases/tables when I start to scan my medialibrary?
Yeah, XBMC will create the database.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reset/delete database and start from scratch0