• 14(current)
A 'real' "My Songs"
Quote:for example, why don't we add the artist view to have two sub view by album(which is the current setup) and by song which will list the songs for all albums. start playing one and off you go...
because it already supports that without having an additional layer of virtual folders that say "by album" and "by song".

choose an artist and you'll get all the matching albums. from there, if choose "all albums" instead of an album name, you'll get all songs from that artist.

Quote:i addition why not have a "songs of the..." view which will let you browse the db by the year such as..
you're right, that's missing. why dont you add it and submit a patch? it's a nice little project. one challenge i see with this, is how to populate the years list? it shouldnt be a static list. it should populate based on the years found in the database, even if they make no sense. (ie, if i had a song tagged with year 9999).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks for the tip, and "knowing is half the battle" ;-)

as far as the years are concerned, i'm just not ready to submit anything yet. once i get more comfortable with the code i'll give it a shot.

but i think it should be based on the years in the db, at least that was my initial thought. perhaps it should be limited to current year and lower. if there is bad data that's the owners problem to correct the tags on their files or live with goofy years in their selctions. ;-)

and a lot of files don't have the year, so that's the uknown years options comes in .

also instead of the all songs, pehaps get <xxx> songs which gets xxx songs from the db sorted by song title, starting with a random song and grabbing xxx number.

and as always thanks to everyone workin on this project it, great job.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A 'real' "My Songs"0