• 2(current)
Python Inside
darkie, thx for the explanation.
i still think python in xbmc has a lot of potential
especially when its able to access xbmc stuff like dialogs,windows etc.
things i would like 2 see for python:

1. bind a button control to a script.
so pressing a button will run a script
2. python scripts should b able to use the controls like:
- cguiimage to display an image
- list control
- text area
- button
- spincontrol

3. mapping of keys -> python

with these 3 things one should b able to build almost anything in pyton

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
Exclamation 
(frodo @ oct. 15 2003,07:20 Wrote:things i would like 2 see for python:

1. bind a button control to a script. so pressing a button will run a script
a nice place for one of those buttons would be under the future tv-guide, user could link it to a grab tv listings script
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
frodo, we are on the same page!! Image
windragz
it difficult to break 2048 bit as try to find a sock at morning, it's just matter of time.
ok, made a little progress.
with python now, you can use the 4 dialogs (dialogok, dialogyesno, dialogselect, and dialogprogress)

Quote:1. bind a button control to a script.
so pressing a button will run a script
2. python scripts should b able to use the controls like:
- cguiimage to display an image
- list control
- text area
- button
- spincontrol

3. mapping of keys -> python
1 and 2 are both possible, but what exactly do you mean with 3. mapping of keys -> python?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i just tested out a python script in xbmc that i wrote to delete a show from a networked tivo, and it worked great. it should be quite easy to add a lot of extra functionality to xbmc using python.
darkie, how exactly do you use the 4 dialogs that you've added so far? i can't find any example scripts or documentation.

thanks,
burriko.
it isn't in cvs yet, still expirimenting a lot with it.
i'll add it to cvs in lets say 2 day's, with some sample scripts.

darkie, i've just been playing around with the stuff that you've added to cvs so far. and it's awesome! i already have some of my scripts running on xbmc to control tivo using the list and ok dialogs.
python is going to add so much functionality to xbmc!

btw, i'm sure you know this already, but when any script finishes running it crashes xbmc (this is compiled from anonymous cvs about an hour ago).
Quote:btw, i'm sure you know this already, but when any script finishes running it crashes xbmc (this is compiled from anonymous cvs about an hour ago).
uuuh no... didn't know that. xbmc + python are running fine in both debug and relase build on my xbox.
does xbmc crash to when running any of those examples included in cvs?

(darkie @ oct. 22 2003,17:03 Wrote:does xbmc crash to when running any of those examples included in cvs?
yes, every script that i've tried freezes up the xbox when it finishes running, including the examples that come with it.

i've just upgraded to the cvs build that has been released today (although i think it's compiled from exactly the same code as the one i compiled last night) and the scripts are still freezing the xbox when they finish running.
wel i did fix a bug related to the crashing, but a fix for it is in cvs now for 2 days. maybe anon cvs is very long behind.

(darkie @ oct. 22 2003,19:30 Wrote:wel i did fix a bug related to the crashing, but a fix for it is in cvs now for 2 days. maybe anon cvs is very long behind.
cool, i'll keep checking the cvs for it then.
you can stop checking the cvs, it was indeed a bug and should be fixed now :d

it'will be a nice feature when xbmc start's it runs some file automatictly, like startup.py and when xbmc quit's a separate file.

so i can program a python scripts that saves the state of the played file and when it starts up it continues where it finished, like
car cd players.
(fonzi @ oct. 29 2003,07:40 Wrote:so i can program a python scripts that saves the state of the played file and when it starts up it continues where it finished, like car cd players.
if would be much better if that be codec into xbmc gui/core nativly as an option than into a separate python script
are there any links to documentation on how to use python with xbmc?

i am looking to write some code in python to connect to my replaytv and delete and possibly stream shows straight from the replay.

thanks,

cp
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Inside0