No x264 playback / ac3 and dts 5.1 - seasonpass/xbmc/nido tv
Yes, espicicially planet earth, the birds scene. Which kills my macbook(integrated) intel card... atv is my solution to not buyig a new macbook... Go atv/xbmc Smile

Now im only running x264. The odd xvid. But screw that. X264/DTS !
Atv has specific perofrmance for atv2. Seems like people dont know that. Better educate.. ATV 2 has Hardware Acceleration for- x264/h264'right?

Screw microcraps format/container - avi. Raw blue ray/x264 rips flawlessmon apple tv2. MY ONLY ISSUE is anime- subtitles. Video is flawless.

Only use x264 w atv2 fellow users. Get 5.1 recsivers.pick dts over dOlby. Who cares just usex264! Fug avi/vxid Tongue
Audiqua Wrote:Yes, espicicially planet earth, the birds scene. Which kills my macbook(integrated) intel card... atv is my solution to not buyig a new macbook... Go atv/xbmc Smile

Now im only running x264. The odd xvid. But screw that. X264/DTS !

Very interesting...it doesn't work for me. I have the nightly from here.

http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/

any advice
gumnaam Wrote:Very interesting...it doesn't work for me. I have the nightly from here.

http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/

any advice

Video works but there is a hissing sound on audio....i have hooked it up to the home theatre system via HDMI
AppleTV2,1_4.2.1_8C154_Restore - 4.1.1

restore to that, run greenp0ison, make sure you wait 40-60 seconds after you click - complete.

This works for x264/Dolby Ac3/DTS - FLAWLESS

Only Anime doesnt work - with Subtitles. all good I use my macbook/dvi-hdmi converter for this. this will be fixed i bet in the future.

ATV works wonderfully, for those who dont wanna buy a hdmi computer/GPU (for 720/1080) SO Cost Effictive Tongue
audiqua Wrote:appletv2,1_4.2.1_8c154_restore - 4.1.1

restore to that, run greenp0ison, make sure you wait 40-60 seconds after you click - complete.

This works for x264/dolby ac3/dts - flawless

only anime doesnt work - with subtitles. All good i use my macbook/dvi-hdmi converter for this. This will be fixed i bet in the future.

Atv works wonderfully, for those who dont wanna buy a hdmi computer/gpu (for 720/1080) so cost effictive :p

perfect!!!!
doesn't work flawless without a receiver to decode, i use the ATV2 in the bedroom, when i play 1080p movies i get lots of buffering, i'm assuming it's because of the downmix. kind of sux because i have a huge tv in the basement with my htpc, so 720p rips aren't going to cut it.
--
prophetizer Wrote:doesn't work flawless without a receiver to decode, i use the ATV2 in the bedroom, when i play 1080p movies i get lots of buffering, i'm assuming it's because of the downmix. kind of sux because i have a huge tv in the basement with my htpc, so 720p rips aren't going to cut it.

Yes. I do have a receiver to which the Atv2 is hooked up to. 1080p bdrips are flawless. However the iphone vid files are still buffering.
not certain what i'm going to do yet about all this, if i can't play 1080p it's kind of useless for me. i'm sure i'll figure something out
--
prophetizer Wrote:not certain what i'm going to do yet about all this, if i can't play 1080p it's kind of useless for me. i'm sure i'll figure something out

Have you tried it with the receiver? If that's work then maybe you can a powered HDMI splitter. No logic behind it, but most the mods defy logic. Smile
no, i'm not certain what that would do anyways, i just think the atv2 can't handle 1080p and downmixing audio
--
well, it works over FTP directly connected to router my main HTPC is connected to, smb still gives buffering. i'm using a powerline adapter, the first one belkin released, so i will try a newer model this weekend, i know they've made improvements in the tech.
--
ok, after making my smb shares anonymous, i no longer have the buffering problem now, why is it so hard to turn on anonymous sharing in windows, oh well it works now. ok, not hard, but not apparent
--
prophetizer Wrote:not certain what i'm going to do yet about all this, if i can't play 1080p it's kind of useless for me. i'm sure i'll figure something out

How did you do that I am on NAS and I am not sure I can do that.
not sure how you would do it either, you have have to search for your NAS and anonymous smb
--

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No x264 playback / ac3 and dts 5.1 - seasonpass/xbmc/nido tv1