Dish network plugin request

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
speed32219 Offline
Fan
I just found out that I can log on to beta.dishonline.com and watch previous TV shows, movies (even showtime which is free for a year) or any shows that you subscribe to. I currently am doing this using launcher and firefox with flash plugin. It seems that they have unlocked movies so you do not need the slingbox. ($$$) The slingbox is only needed for live tv streaming and hopefully they will change that also in the future.

Is there a plugin that could be used or developed? I would imagine, comcast and directtv have a similar offering. Streaming tv from a subscribed account.

I wonder if this somehow could be used with with a tvheadend, myth or media portal pvr function. Just rambling, excited to have new content on-line.
find quote
rflores2323 Online
Posting Freak
Wow I would be interested in this also.

ATV1 with crystalbuntu (12.2 frodo) as main theater. Theater remote URC MX-810, droidx with xbmc remote, or transformer tf101 with YATSE. 3 x ATV2 (V12.2 frodo).

find quote
rflores2323 Online
Posting Freak
bump

ATV1 with crystalbuntu (12.2 frodo) as main theater. Theater remote URC MX-810, droidx with xbmc remote, or transformer tf101 with YATSE. 3 x ATV2 (V12.2 frodo).

find quote
ccoltmanm Offline
Interested in this as well. It is powered by Hulu.
find quote
bigdogeh Offline
I think bell has this also for the canucks... would be pretty kewl to b able to watch your tv sub on an atv2 or similar through an xbmc plugin..
find quote