Shortcuts and MCE remotes on XP?
Hey,

I'd like to launch xbmx using my remote... Now I have researched on line and found that the shortcut that the MCE remote uses for the GREEN BUTTON is "windows key + alt + enter"

Now I'd li,e to assign that to xbmx in the xp start menu properties but seem only able to assign "ctl + alt + enter" or "shift + alt + enter" does any one know how to set the windows key as a shortcut within the xp start menu properties...

In the mean time as a solution, I have found the short cut for the yellow button on my remote is "ctrl+alt+t" so I've assigned that to xbmx as a shortcut on the xp start menu which means I can currently launch xbmc using the yellow button for the time being, however I'd like to be able to use the green start button (without using additional software or mapping programs)

Any techies got any tricks of the trade Smile
Have you looked at eventghost at all. It opened up a whole world of possibilities for me. It even has an XBMC interface
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
bradvido88 Wrote:Have you looked at eventghost at all. It opened up a whole world of possibilities for me. It even has an XBMC interface

I hadn't until now Smile

That might be a good solution, I. Checking out the website now (wiki page is down though) and might be a way to getting all my buttons to function as they should...

Mine currently works, but the buttons don't do as they should... Record is close program etc ...

This forum and you guys on here have a wealth of knowledge and all these tools would probably never have been found in my search if they hadn't been recommended.

Cheers Smile
Have a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC

I'd guess your remote is one that sends keypresses rather than an MS compatible that uses the eHome driver. If so there isn't much you can do to configure the remote. If you're determined to make the green button work the only option are to use Eventghost, or use this trick:

http://inchoatethoughts.com/launching-xb...ter-remote

Or of course buy an eHome/RC6 remote.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcuts and MCE remotes on XP?0