help with movie genre icons and fanart
Loving the Neon skin :

Where would I put movie genre icons and fanart in the skin folder?

Thanks
TC Huh
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
tcman47 Wrote:Loving the Neon skin :

Where would I put movie genre icons and fanart in the skin folder?

Thanks
TC Huh

The genre icons should be there... The folder structure for genre stuff is:

skin.neon/media/extras/genrefanart
skin.neon/media/extras/moviegenres
skin.neon/media/extras/musicgenres
skin.neon/media/extras/Studios

Thanks,
-stoli-
Let's say you wanted to use your own custom genre icons? Is there a way to get them to show?
I believe if you place them in the folder mentioned they will take precedence over those included by default.
-stoli-
Hi !

first of all, thank you for this skin: it's marvelous !

I put my custom icons in the "skins.neon/media/extras/moviegenres" folder and named them as the genre name they have to replace...

Neon loads the right icons for my "translated-into-italian" genres ("Commedia" in place of "Comedy", for example), but it won't replace it's stock icons for "english-named" ones...

in other words: custom icons won't take precedence over embedded ones...

Is there a solution ?

P.S. It's not a caching problem... Neon acts the same even if you delete the XBMC cached thumbs
Sounds like you'll have to use the version from Git that doesn't get compiled into an xbt file and then replace the images. http://github.com/stoli
-stoli-
Thank you very much...

I'm not using the XBMC Nightly Builds, just the 10.1 stable relase... can I still use a Neon developing package ?
No, the skin has too many changes specific to Eden to use on Dharma. Take the jump to the nightlies! Smile
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:I believe if you place them in the folder mentioned they will take precedence over those included by default.

How do i differentiate between icons and backdrops though?

Soory, It's been a while i know, might not even be relevant anymore.
Just by filenames.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with movie genre icons and fanart0