Can't Jailbreak ATV2 ver 4.2.1 (2100)
Quote:ATV OUT of the wall socket... I think that's what gave u the error...
exactly, that's it. But in some cases ATV won't start in DFU-Mode if the power-connector in't plugged in, like it happened by me. The method I've described worked for me perfectly. Entering DFU-Mode with power connected, unplugging it when iTunes is at the step of uploading the firmware to ATV.
nedjel Wrote:Followed the steps and at the end, it gave me an error '' unable to restore version etc etc (1600). I don't know why

Ignore the error at the end of the restore. it's jailbroken
Thumbs Up 
Thanks guys !
GoldenClaw Wrote:exactly, that's it. But in some cases ATV won't start in DFU-Mode if the power-connector insn't plugged in, like it happened by me. The method I've described worked for me perfectly. Entering DFU-Mode with power connected, unplugging it when iTunes is at the step of uploading the firmware to ATV.

Same happened to me, it would not enter DFU mode, then plugged in power cord and OK in-DFU-mode. I had to idea that you don't see anything after is jailbroken, I thought you see an additional menu etc.

Sindawi Wrote:Ignore the error at the end of the restore. it's jailbroken

OK, noted, thanks.

Will run Sees0nPass and try to SSH into it with PuTTY. I have to enter my WiFi info, record the and enter it in PuTTY. Is SSH done through the ETH-RJ45 port on ATV ?

Thanks for your input. Big Grin At least I know what to expect.
nedjel Wrote:Thanks guys !

Same happened to me, it would not enter DFU mode, then plugged in power cord and OK in-DFU-mode. I had to idea that you don't see anything after is jailbroken, I thought you see an additional menu etc.

OK, noted, thanks.

Will run Sees0nPass and try to SSH into it with PuTTY. I have to enter my WiFi info, record the and enter it in PuTTY. Is SSH done through the ETH-RJ45 port on ATV ?

- In my experience, plugging the power cord into the atv2 causes issues with getting into DFU mode but some say they need to for it to work. I think Greenpois0n wanted it plugged in but Seas0npass didn't and Seas0npass took one try to get into DFU but GP took me 4-5 tries.

- You'll see different menu items when you jb w/ Greenpois0n (it's called Greenpois0n I think) but not with Seas0npass (not until you install nitoTV from the command line, not required but some like having it).

- Ya, you'll need the atv2's IP address, and ssh to it using putty. Ssh is done through whatever network connection your atv2 has (Wi-Fi or Ethernet). The atv2 will only have one IP address and that address will be assigned to Ethernet if plugged in otherwise it'll be assigned to your Wi-Fi connection (assuming one has been configured and is available).
Do you install XBMC first, then nitoTV second or vice versa? Does it matter?
Logged in through Putty SSH, typed password ''alpine'' but it said access denied.
OK I FOUND IT:
username: root
password: alpine

Add the missing repository, Copy&Paste into Putty, enter each separately
>echo "deb hxxp://apt.saurik.com/ tangelo-3.7 main">/etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list< (*replace xx with tt in the address, RFD hotlinks it when I type it out correctly)
>apt-get update<
>apt-get -f install<

3. Working XBMC audio and SMB, instructions:

Copy&Paste into Putty
a. >wget hxxp://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb< (again, replace xx with tt in the address)
b. >dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb< (enter and install)

(relevant until that is updated in Nito)

4. Working Bluetooth keyboard:

Copy&Paste into Putty
a. >apt-get install ch.ringwald.keyboard-atv<
b. >apt-get install org.tomcool.btstack-ui<

Go to Frontrow, Settings>Custom Settings>BTSTack (searches for your BT keyboard), Type 0000 and press enter.

5. Change default "alpine" password (if you wish):

Copy&Paste into Putty
>passwd< (enter new password)

6. Enable AC3 and DTS for XBMC through SPDIF to 7.1 receiver:

(You need to be familiar with an SSH client that will let you edit, I use winSCP)
Navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

In <audiooutput>, change "false" to "true"
<ac3passthrough>false</ac3passthrough>
<dtspassthrough>false</dtspassthrough>

Install other Nito apps as desired.
Enjoy
nedjel Wrote:Logged in through Putty SSH, typed password ''alpine'' but it said access denied.

You logged in as "root" with password as "alpine", all lowercase? If so then it sounds like you've changed your password already.

Or is it possible you used the IP address of your iPhone instead of your ATV2? I've seen people do that by mistake...

@rtigs
Read this howto:
http://www.appletvhacks.net/2011/02/16/h...ois0n-rc6/
hope can do some help~
nedjel Wrote:Do you install XBMC first, then nitoTV second or vice versa? Does it matter?

I'd install nitoTV first since you can install XBMC from it. It probably doesn't matter though.
@rtigs Wrote:You logged in as "root" with password as "alpine", all lowercase? If so then it sounds like you've changed your password already.

Or is it possible you used the IP address of your iPhone instead of your ATV2? I've seen people do that by mistake...

@rtigs

Loggen in using my ATV ip. UID ROOT Pass: alpine, I did not change anything. It would not work any other way.
thanks guys. Installed XBMC first, then icefilms and navi-x, then installed NitoTV. But now I'm wondering why do I need nitoTV. Thinking of uninstalling it.
nedjel Wrote:thanks guys. Installed XBMC first, then icefilms and navi-x, then installed NitoTV. But now I'm wondering why do I need nitoTV. Thinking of uninstalling it.

You don't need it. Some people like to have it because it saves them from spending time at the command line (via ssh). It has a few utilities it can install that are handy but not required... and most (if not all) can be installed from the command line.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Jailbreak ATV2 ver 4.2.1 (2100)0