Freezes on Start up!
When i start up xbmc the logo shows then it just shows a black screen!

I have tried reinstalling it but its still doing it.

I cant uninstall as i cant back up my data without getting into xbmc right?

thanks
I had the exact same symptoms last week where I would get the xbmc startup logo and then black screen.

In my case, my computer had changed its local ip address so an entry in advancedsettings for the connection to mysql was incorrect. As soon I modified my advancedsettings I was able to start XBMC again. I have since changed my machine to a static local ip address and have not seen the issue again.
ADA2D Wrote:I had the exact same symptoms last week where I would get the xbmc startup logo and then black screen.

In my case, my computer had changed its local ip address so an entry in advancedsettings for the connection to mysql was incorrect. As soon I modified my advancedsettings I was able to start XBMC again. I have since changed my machine to a static local ip address and have not seen the issue again.

Iam a little confused, how do i do this in simple terms?

thanks again
Humpz22 Wrote:Iam a little confused, how do i do this in simple terms?

Unless you have configured XBMC to use a MySQL database this is unlikely to be relevant.

We need to have a look at the log file, and ideally we need debugging to be on. To turn on debugging press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml

and click Ok then answer Yes when asked if you want to create a new file. When Notepad opens paste the following into Notepad and save then close it.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Now run XBMC, let it crash and close it. Now press Windows-R again and this time type:

%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log

and click OK. This should open the xbmc.log file. Copy and paste the contents into pastebin.com so we can have a look.

JR
http://pastebin.com/zP1FXDHX

cheers
anyone?
Looks like you have a corrupt add-on. Try uninstalling XBMC, deleting the XBMC folder under %APPDATA% and reinstalling.
itsalltrash Wrote:Looks like you have a corrupt add-on. Try uninstalling XBMC, deleting the XBMC folder under %APPDATA% and reinstalling.

That's a last resort strategy. For now, try resetting your settings back to the defaults by deleting guisettings.xml. This won't affect your library. Press Windows-R, and in the Run dialog type:

%appdata%\xbmc\userdata

and click OK. This should open an Explorer window, and one of the files showing in this window will be guisettings.xml. Delete this file then try starting XBMC and see if it works.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:That's a last resort strategy.

I would agree that a complete clean reinstall is a last resort if he stated that it ever worked to begin with. Judging by his first post, XBMC has never properly started for him and his add-ons are throwing errors. Sounds to me like something went wrong with the install all together.
itsalltrash Wrote:I would agree that a complete clean reinstall is a last resort if he stated that it ever worked to begin with. Judging by his first post, XBMC has never properly started for him and his add-ons are throwing errors. Sounds to me like something went wrong with the install all together.

ive been using it for 2 years no problem fella Smile

the deleting of the GUI file worked, thank you.

Whilst im here, i noticed that after installing several skins, it always resets itself to the original after about 4 start ups!!

can you help with that?

thanks again folks Smile
I stand corrected. I'm glad that it is working for you!

Unfortunately, I have never run into an issue with the skin resetting. Then again, I don't get to mess with many new skins as my wife is trained on Confluence and doesn't like change. She about killed me when we left the XBOX with the 360 Blades theme to Confluence on a Windows install...
right folks,

Its done the same thing again but fixed it by deleting the file again.

Why would it keep doing it?

im using the neo skin.

its very annoying!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezes on Start up!0