Writing files
i just wondered about something.
is it possible to write files to a share (phyton script)?
smb://username:[email protected]/f/musikk/
as for now,i can't seem to be able to find all files and folders on a share either.

i guess i will need a lib like
http://miketeo.net/projects/pysmb/
to be able to do what i'm talking about.
i tested on my xbox now.it works okey Wink

do anyone know of a xbmc script using a such scriptHuh
do anyone have a smart way to get the name of the computer by ip?

socket.gethostbyaddr('10.0.0.2')
will work at my pc but not at the xbox
i dont think any python script can handle smb yet. you would need that lib though.
thanks.
i have played around with the lib, it really works great on xbox!
the only dumb thing is that i can't resolve the computername by only knowing the ipadressa.

socket.gethostbyaddr('10.0.0.2')
will just give the ('10.0.0.2','','10.0.0.2')
on pc it would give ('nydata','','10.0.0.2')
my python mythtv scripts for xbmc make smb connections to look for files and to copy files. have a look at xbmcmythtv for some examples if you're still stumped. the source file that uses smb connections is mythtvutil.py.

also, have a look in mythtv.py... the connection and nmbservice classes might be of use as examples.
hi madtw. i got it working.
but the ipadress and machinename is still requiered in my tests. i will check out your project to see if you have some tricks i don't know of. anyway one thing i found out using this lib is that it does never return over 30 files and folders!
would be realy nice to have a getdirectory object in the phyonmodule.like the httapi have now. there you can getdirectory of anything xbmc supports.
hello ppl, python newbie here Blush

could someone give me a hand with that smb lib? i'm trying to write a random player for video files i have on my pc, but i can't even get the list of shared folders/files. here's my script:

Quote:import xbmc
import smb

f = open('q:\\scripts\\filelist.txt','w') # output file

remote = smb.smb('doghouse', '192.168.7.2')

f.write(remote.get_server_os()) # just to check if the connection works

shared = remote.list_shared()

for d in shared:
f.write(d.get_name())

f.close()

this should get me a list of all shared folders on that machine, but all i'm getting is an empty filelist.txt file. i don't even know whether the connection is working. :help:

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!
ok, after some more tests i figured out that i need to login, even when the share is not password protected Huh

anyway, i could login with user 'guest' and no password, but now besides the shared folders, list_shared() is returning all of my pc's drive letters plus two other names: admin$ and ipc$ - well, i can get rid of these unwanted entries if i ignore the strings with $, but i just wanted to know if this is normal or if i'm still doing something wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Writing files0