[BUILD GUIDE] HP ProLiant MicroServer with 5 Drives
Thanks again Wink

Are you running RAID? as Drive Extender is missing?
Geeba Wrote:Thanks again Wink

Are you running RAID? as Drive Extender is missing?

No, I did run a program called Drive Bender but didn't think the beta was stable enough. Waiting for it to settle down before using it again. No other RAID hardware/software (except for crossed fingers!)
Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer with WHS2011 with 8.4TB
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
Ahhh ok

I think its gone to public release now.

http://www.wegotserved.com/2011/10/31/ha...-whs-2011/
@och29 - many thanks for the OP.

I used it to install the self-same caddy to my MicroServer.

Did you connect the HDD LED cable to the MicroServer motherboard ?? If so, where did you plug it in please ??

I have been running Drive Bender since the early beta days and it works really good.

Still a few teething issues, but never lost any data !!
@CBers
Sorry I didn't get a notification that there was a new post so I guess this is long out of date. I didn't plug the LED in to anything since the server is tucked away in the back of a large cupboard and I wouldn't be able to see if the light was on.
As for Drive Bender I ended up not bothering with it. I haven't got any RAID running and there is no backup. Yes, it's a risky idea but it is the cheapest and gives you the most space. If I lost all the content it wouldn't be the end of the world, and until I can afford some more storage I've just got to run with RAID-hope.
Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer with WHS2011 with 8.4TB
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
(2011-10-28, 17:56)QLink Wrote: [
there are ppl out there who put 13 HDDs in one N36L Cool

Hi mate

Would you mid to show us how can we add 13 HDDs to a N36L o N40L box?

Thanls
(2012-03-29, 12:40)mmgarcia30 Wrote:
(2011-10-28, 17:56)QLink Wrote: [
there are ppl out there who put 13 HDDs in one N36L Cool

Hi mate

Would you mid to show us how can we add 13 HDDs to a N36L o N40L box?

Thanls

take a look here @page 10

6 drives in the odd bay + 4 drives in normal HDD bays = 10 drives
2 drives in the space right under the odd bay + 1 drive instead of the case fan = 3 drives

makes 13 drives

i can't find the post from the user who did this anymore sry...

but i wouldn't recommend removing the case fan and putting a drive there instead, cause i think you will get pretty high temperatures in your microserver...
I am very interested in this build.
I am considering either buying a N40L and putting WHS 2011 or Unraid on it, or building an Unraid box...

Any input from users of the N40L?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUILD GUIDE] HP ProLiant MicroServer with 5 Drives0