MP4 movies crash XBMC on my Apple TV 2
this totally helped my as well, although the audio is still destroyed right now
I am having the same problem with mp4 video. I JB using Seas0npass. I did not install nitoTV, just XBMC. So my question is was the firecore media player installed with the Seas0npass image. If so how do I delete it?
mydogjake Wrote:I am having the same problem with mp4 video. I JB using Seas0npass. I did not install nitoTV, just XBMC. So my question is was the firecore media player installed with the Seas0npass image. If so how do I delete it?

Firecore media player doesn't come with season pass or with nito tv, but comes with atv black flash. So if you bought and paid for that and ran it then that is where it got installed.

On another note, version .3 that just got released is said to fix the issues with xbmc at least according to the release notes.
I just installed the nightly build an now have no problems playing mp4/m4v
I got it working following Chiss and amet's code instructions and dazex's advice on removing Firecore's media player. Thank you all.

One question: Will I have to regularly use above code to continually have the latest build?
jpod-x Wrote:I got it working following Chiss and amet's code instructions and dazex's advice on removing Firecore's media player. Thank you all.

One question: Will I have to regularly use above code to continually have the latest build?

I'm assuming you meant the commands that amet gave you and yes. But if the build you have works, you don't need to upgrade until you reach a problem and are aware the nightlies fix it.

As my grandpa always used to say, if it ain't broke, why fix it?
Thanks for the instructions Chiss & Amet...helpful instructions for a supernoob like me! MKVs are working fine now, no crashes, just can't work out how to turn off subtitles. I'm sure I'll figure it out :-)
salchicha Wrote:Thanks for the instructions Chiss & Amet...helpful instructions for a supernoob like me! MKVs are working fine now, no crashes, just can't work out how to turn off subtitles. I'm sure I'll figure it out :-)

open OSD(hold center button), select audio menu, disable subtitles in there

if you want subs off by default on all movies in the same menu look for "set as default for all movies"
hi guys....i run these commands via ssh:

wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
rm -rf latest_atv2.deb

so now i have mkv and mp4 play, but the sounds goes in and out.
also, subtitles are on.
any idea how to turn it off.

i read amet said hold the OSD, is this the main button on ATV 2G ?

please help.
Yanni Wrote:hi guys....i run these commands via ssh:

wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
rm -rf latest_atv2.deb

so now i have mkv and mp4 play, but the sounds goes in and out.
also, subtitles are on.
any idea how to turn it off.

i read amet said hold the OSD, is this the main button on ATV 2G ?

please help.

If you actually read what I said, you will see it's the center button you need to hold
thanks amet.

is that the white remote control? or...?
Yanni Wrote:thanks amet.

is that the white remote control? or...?

Somehow I doubt you got the white remote with atv2, but yeah the white one as well
amet,

i have it.

so that will take care of the subs.

and about the sounds.....please write me what to do.

thanks amet.
Yanni Wrote:amet,

i have it.

so that will take care of the subs.

and about the sounds.....please write me what to do.

thanks amet.

read the sticky about nightly builds and report the issue in a proper way, not here though
amet, i fixed the subs, but i was able to get the menu also with the new remote.

thanks for your devotion to this chat. i hope i can contribute help as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP4 movies crash XBMC on my Apple TV 20