[iPad] Will XBMC ever support swipe to FF/RW video?
I find the method of fast forwarding, skipping and rewinding renders XBMC pretty much unusable on the iPad - compared to Apps like Buzz Player, CinexPlayer etc which support swipe gestures. It's really a dealbreaker.

Such a shame, because I love everything else about XBMC.

Is this something we can expect to see sometime in the near future? Or at least some way to skip forward and back a few minutes at a time like the XBOX version?
You can seek using a slider in git HEAD now, so that's already an improvement.

Suggestions of good methods (eg the swiping suggestion) will certainly help. We definitely will be improving this area - it's just a matter of finding the time to do it (and ensuring that those that can do it have the appropriate devices).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I tried out Buzz Player and CinexPlayer. Didn't see any swipping, gesture control while playing back a movie. So help point me in the right direction if you can there.

Playback on Buzz Player and CineXplayer leaves much to be desire though.
BTW, I added the swipe up and down to my sourcecode. I also remapped the default left and right gestures to suit my needs.

For me, swiping up and down on my iPad while a movie is playing skips 10 mins. And swiping left and right can be mapped to fastfwd/rewind or skipping 30s forward/back. Each of these gestures does something else entirely when not playing a movie.

Changing behavior for left and right swiping is probably easiest for regular users because it's simply adding a keyboard.xml keymap to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc/addon/keymap

There's a lot of instructions or threads on the forum already about how to customize these keymap files.

I believe swipe left is currently mapped to "backspace" and right is currently mapped to the "tab" key.

Remap those keys to anything you like under the <FullScreenVideo> section. FullScreenVideo section is used when a video is playing in fullscreen.

Sorry, I don't currently have the time to write a full tutorial. I have added plenty of info to the apple remote threads in the past and the basic concept is the same. So search for those post for help.

I am sure once the XBMC developers get more touch screen devices in their hands, they'll be able to figure out the best implementation for touch gesture. Please help them there if you haven't already. If every XBMC user donated a dollar, more hardware can be purchase so the developers can program against.

http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] Will XBMC ever support swipe to FF/RW video?0