[Release] XonX - Utilise a central XBMC library
Here is my log

http://pastebin.com/i7ryWCF2

Where is the log on the Ipad ?
ImageImageImage
i too am getting the script error message when i try to select TV, movies will work though. also i had to disable the authentication on the server and plugin because it would not authenticate with no authentication it will work with movies only. i also confirm that i am unable to seek with the arrow keys.
sb206 - Sorry for the late reply - I thought I had subscribed to the thread - but looks like I didn't.. Anyway - I've fixed that issue and hopefully it will work for you on TV shows now.

Can't help with the iPad - i've not run XBMC on any iOS stuff so have no idea where it might be.

Labtopia:Of your 3 issues:
1. Fixed (as above, same issue as sb206)
2. Authentication is now added, although you will lose fanart for some reason. Need to dig into that one.
3. Seeking works for smb/samba but not for http delivered files. I think (from a post by topfs2, that this is a limitation of XBMC. Need to check and file a bug for it).
New release - 0.3.4.
Fixes some issues with TV shows
Adds support for XBMC authentication
thanks for the fast reply, i've checked it out and now TV will resolve without error now. however i am unable to play media with authentication enabled. if i remove authentication i can play both tv and movies. i get a xbmc 'an error occured playing file" when authentication is enabled.

also from what i gathered from the posts, i should be seeing database episode data when using the plugin and also wee 'watched' flags? right now i see only LIST views and the thumbnail and no textual data. i am also unable to select LIBRARY MODE from the left tabs when using the plugin.

should these types of things be functioning? if so what might be configured wrong? if not how is this plug different from upnp sharing within xbmc?

thanks again for the quick fix, looking to use this as a simpler approach to settinng up sql databases and what not.

dave
D'oh - I can see what i've done!! Integrating authentication is fairly complicated as I need to add extra data to all the XBMC calls - and I've missed one.. I'll fix this later day.

As for the library mode - then you should be seeing this. However, if you are using 10.X (rather than a pre-11 build) then you will have to scan in a single item to the clients library to activate library mode. It's an XBMC limitation

This has been altered in pre-11, so that library views are available without needing to have an actual library on the client.

This is definately a simplier approach to library sharing, although you'll need to bear with me as not all the required functions are available in XBMC yet to complete this..
Whatever you are missing from json-rpc please let us know start tickets with as much info as possible and cc me or Montellese and we will take a look at it Smile

The idea of having this kind of an addon is great so will for sure help you as much as possible.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2: Thanks - it's one of thpose things I keep meaning to get around to - but then something else pops up. I'll set aside some time to do this today.
hi hippojay, thanks for the tweeks, i put the current may1 client on and now it is showing me the missing 'hide watched' and is also alowing me the different media 1 and 2 views that were missing, also it is showing the show data descriptions. this is great!

here is what it still doesnt do
1. http streaming skip forward adn bak, (known issue) would be great to fix this
2. if hide watched is not selected there are no checks next to watched shows.

i will try to set the smb option and see if that does something else for skiping, whould i then have to mount the volume or something?

also another question is: what does the 'additional servers' option do in your plugin config?

this is right now very good way to EASILY share without using sqldb. for me if only the ARROW KEY skip forward and back could work with http, then it is perfect and should definitely be included in the XBMC repository for addins!

thanks!
hippojay Wrote:New release - 0.3.4.
Fixes some issues with TV shows
Adds support for XBMC authentication

Wow, thanks for this!
Okay, so I finally got a chance to mess with this again and get it all setup correctly now that you explained how it is intended to work (I didn't realize at first the addon had to be accessed directly for it to pull everything up).

Anyway, it goes to fetch everything and the only thing I seem to be running in to is that my movies are in sets. So it find the movies folder and pulls up all of the sets correctly. Then when I go to click on the set, instead of going one deeper and listing the films in that set, it instead tries to play the set (thinking it is the movie I assume) and comes back with an error saying it failed to play.

Any way around this?
Ok - I don't actually know what Sets are Smile which is why it probably doesn't work. If it's just a collection of movies then I simply need to recurse into that set to pull out the movies. Right now I don't imagine it's difficult to do - i'll have a look at it tonight..
hippojay Wrote:Ok - I don't actually know what Sets are Smile which is why it probably doesn't work. If it's just a collection of movies then I simply need to recurse into that set to pull out the movies. Right now I don't imagine it's difficult to do - i'll have a look at it tonight..

Thanks. The more time I spend around here the more I get the impression that not many people use them, but honestly I don't know how I would live without them. A discussion for an another thread is what people are doing differently, but either way.

Yes, sets are just a collection that can be grouped based on a set value that is specified in the nfo file. I use the backrow skin and with that one for instance it allows me to add the sets to the home screen as favorites and divide my library into categories like anime and kids movies, without fussing with genre and other ways they may be categorized naturally.

Thanks for looking into it.
Ok - had a look and can see what you mean now. I can also see why they might not be as popular as they should be - bit too long winded to implement and maintain.

Xonx still shows the films that are defined in a set, as a standard movie listing - but not within a set themselves.

Anyway, I've had a look at what needs doing and have a plan to implement - but it's going to need a build after 27th April - as this is when JSON set functionality was added. So, once I upgrade my server (it sat at 13th April I think) i'll put it in..
hippojay Wrote:Ok - had a look and can see what you mean now. I can also see why they might not be as popular as they should be - bit too long winded to implement and maintain.

Xonx still shows the films that are defined in a set, as a standard movie listing - but not within a set themselves.

Anyway, I've had a look at what needs doing and have a plan to implement - but it's going to need a build after 27th April - as this is when JSON set functionality was added. So, once I upgrade my server (it sat at 13th April I think) i'll put it in..

I use ember media manager and can create sets easily and help manage them so that is how I got started on it. That level of organization just works better in my mind than the other ways a library can be handled.
Thanks again for looking into it. I am using the official 10.1 an with that it simple pulls up the movie/tv selection and then in movies lists all of the sets. I can't see them as any kind os standard movie listing. Maybe I need to update to a newer build. Anyway, thanks for looking into it. Look forward to the implementation when you get around to it as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] XonX - Utilise a central XBMC library0