• 17(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
Aenima99x Wrote:Not a whole lot of actual mods yet....I just put in all the fixes that Sialivi & Rygrath had mentioned throughout the thread and added in TV Tunes and Weather+ support. I'm working on adding the time into the OSD now....then not sure what next. If you've got ideas/suggestions, let me know.

if u could do my request that i asked a few posts before about the HD logo that would be awesome Big Grin
voidy Wrote:if u could do my request that i asked a few posts before about the HD logo that would be awesome Big Grin

I added it in real quick to see how it looked. I used to use The Carmichael skin and loved it there, but I'm not so sure it works in Metropolis. It may be kind of redundant with the flags below. If you like it, then I can modify what's needed and give you the files.

i would <3 that

im not displaying the other flags at all.
besides that im also interested in seeing the other mods u have done (tvtunes etc)
also in the trailer and screenshots of this skin i see on the homescreen a playlist for trailers i think how do i add that?
is it possible to have it shown on every movie poster that is HD whether its selected yes or no ?

example u have change-up selected and it shows the HD flag but if (maybe it is) the hangover part 2 is also HD does it show the flag there aswell ?
Sorry for the delay, been busy in real life. Smile
I'm still working on the mod and should have something for you to try out next week.

voidy Wrote:is it possible to have it shown on every movie poster that is HD whether its selected yes or no ?

example u have change-up selected and it shows the HD flag but if (maybe it is) the hangover part 2 is also HD does it show the flag there aswell ?
Yes....I just didn't have it showing in the screenshot.

voidy Wrote:also in the trailer and screenshots of this skin i see on the homescreen a playlist for trailers i think how do i add that?
You need to have Apple Movie Trailers Lite addon installed.
Aenima99x Wrote:Sorry for the delay, been busy in real life. Smile
I'm still working on the mod and should have something for you to try out next week.

Yes....I just didn't have it showing in the screenshot.

You need to have Apple Movie Trailers Lite addon installed.

thanks Big Grin
yeah was thinking that no rush i cant (just dont want to) wait Big Grin im already very thankfull that ur willing to make a mod that i requested.
just wondering
any progress ?
voidy Wrote:just wondering
any progress ?

Yeah i was wondering the same. I desperately want this skin for the nightly builds.

Any News?
HTPC specs:
Samsung 40" ES8000 3DTV, Win8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i3 530, ATI HD5450, Antec Minuet HTPC Case, 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333, Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
i was more or less asking Aenima99x for the mods hes working on Big Grin
voidy Wrote:just wondering
any progress ?
Sad to say, no. Sad

I have been unable to find the time or desire to work on this for some time now. I feel it would be unfair of me to make everyone wait even longer while I "hopefully" find the time again so I have uploaded the uncompressed skin (with some notes, templates and unfinished themes included) for anyone else to pick up and proceed further. Please feel free to change & add to the skin as you see fit. I obviously relenquish any right to critique or complain about anything that is done.

DOWNLOAD

The download above is not much further along than the Alpha was. The minor changes/fixes I've done are as listed in POST#2 and (unfortunately for those wanting an Eden release) the skin is still only for Dharma. I had made the decision to just go ahead & update it to Eden but never started that phase.

On the bright side, someone did PM me with an offer to pick the skin up and move it forward to Eden. However, the PM was from a couple weeks ago & I haven't been around til today to reply to them so there is a possibility they may have changed their mind by now. For that reason, I don't want to mention their name, but THANK YOU to them if they still want to.
Amra Wrote:Sad to say, no. Sad

On the bright side, someone did PM me with an offer to pick the skin up and move it forward to Eden. However, the PM was from a couple weeks ago & I haven't been around til today to reply to them so there is a possibility they may have changed their mind by now. For that reason, I don't want to mention their name, but THANK YOU to them if they still want to.

That PM was from me and I am picking up where Amra left off. First order of business will be to get it Eden ready and then to finish out the details.

I have no grand illusions of a release date at this point. Once I get some of the core stuff fixed for Eden I'll upload it to git for any an all to try out.
-stoli-
@Amra
Sad to hear it. Metropolis has been the only skin I've used ever since the alpha (with Pre-Eden by the way) and it's spectacular.

@stoli
Here are the tiny fixes I've provided in this thread. I haven't checked if the line numbers have changed with the new download though, so keep that in mind.

1) Try to tweak code for better consistency of duration text. "Min" vs "min" vs "mins". May actually be due to scraper info.

Row 244 in Viewtype_LowList.xml isn't localized:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, mins]</label>
...instead of the intended:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, $LOCALIZE[31299]]</label>

Personally I think the duration looks better in lowercase though, so I changed all 15 occurances throughout the project to:
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, [LOWERCASE]$LOCALIZE[31299][/LOWERCASE]]</label>

2) Fix missing toasts when toggling subtitles on/off, or switching between subtitle tracks.
Line 14 In DialogKaiToast.xml, change

Code:
<visible>!Window.IsActive(2006) + !VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen</visible>

...to:

Code:
<visible>!Window.IsActive(2006)</visible>

3) Vertical Scroll Nub Cropped:
Includes.xml, line 1107, change the value from 18 to 22

4) Horizontal Scroll Nub Cropped:
Includes.xml, line 1086, change the value from 540 to 534
Includes.xml, line 1088, change the value from 18 to 30

5) Issue not listed in the ToDo list:
The content/scraper settings dialog is placed too far down on the screen, making it overlap the image and the temperature and day in the lower right corner.

The Fix:
DialogContentSettings.xml, line 8, change y to 30
stoli Wrote:That PM was from me and I am picking up where Amra left off. First order of business will be to get it Eden ready and then to finish out the details.

I have no grand illusions of a release date at this point. Once I get some of the core stuff fixed for Eden I'll upload it to git for any an all to try out.

I'd like to help, if you need it!
Nothing to see here....
That is sad news Amra, this is really one of the most original and best skins for XBMC around. I hope you will find some time in the future.

Good news that stoli en Zepfan will volunteer to continue and make it eden compatible. That is indeed the most important thing.
I hope you guys can keep the style remain. If you need Someone for Photoshop you can PM me.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5