• 19(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
Playing around a bit with tweaking the CDArt in the bottom left corner. So far I changed the following issues:

1) The Title and Album labels were too far to the left when CDArt was disabled.
2) Increased width of the top label to avoid scrolling even fairly short titles.
3) Larger Album art.
4) Hide the text when Recently Added is enabled on the homescreen to prevent overlapping.

The album art and text still overlaps various elements on many of the other views, that's a later problem.

Thoughts? You want these changes stoli?

Recently Added overlap fixed by hiding text when that option is enabled, not ideal but at least it's better than overlapping:
@sialivi - you and I are one the same page here - looks like I pushed that update a little early. If you want to send me your update I'll merge it it.

I think the whole music osd needs to get redone, it just doesn't fit well and gets even worse when in Video or Music containers.
-stoli-
Glad to hear you're taking up the slack stoli. You're an extremely talented skinner and I'm sure Metropolis would benefit greatly with u at the helm. Nod

I made some mockups a while back, and quite a few ppl liked the ideas I had. Maybe once you're done with the necessities, u can take a look...

Infoscreen....

New Homescreen option..

More info and implementation of Next Aired script...

the skin doesn't play the cdart from my music library.....

also, have u any plans of adding artist logos, tv show logos?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
@ stoli : The music record company logos (record labels) are included in the wrong folder in the git. the folder in the git is extras /studios_music. The correct naming should be extras/recordlabels . The record company logos are used by Backrow or Transparency and they follow the "record labels"naming scheme. They should show up in the library and in the music OSD, just like studio logos show up. This is my only request, please correct it in the git as per your plans for the skin.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Shinu Wrote:Glad to hear you're taking up the slack stoli. You're an extremely talented skinner and I'm sure Metropolis would benefit greatly with u at the helm. Nod

I made some mockups a while back, and quite a few ppl liked the ideas I had. Maybe once you're done with the necessities, u can take a look...

I like the ideas - once I get all of the core stuff finished, I'll look at adding/modifying the existing stuff after that.

My next immediate focus are the music views (or lack thereof).
-stoli-
bandelguy Wrote:the skin doesn't play the cdart from my music library.....

also, have u any plans of adding artist logos, tv show logos?

CD art should work in the latest builds.

Logos will probably be kept to a minimum at this time. Not to say it may not be added later...
-stoli-
Shinu Wrote:Glad to hear you're taking up the slack stoli. You're an extremely talented skinner and I'm sure Metropolis would benefit greatly with u at the helm. Nod

Infoscreen....

New Homescreen option..

More info and implementation of Next Aired script...

do want this looks awsome
Metropolis is now available via the Passion Repository.
-stoli-
stoli - i keep getting failed when trying to download svn from passion.
master345 Wrote:stoli - i keep getting failed when trying to download svn from passion.

Download went fine for me...it was really slow though.

EDIT - I take that back. It downloaded fine, but the .zip extraction fails with CRC errors.
2nd EDIT - Downloaded again and it extracted the .zip ok this time, but it looks like the 720p folder is missing from the zip
Aenima99x Wrote:Download went fine for me...it was really slow though.

EDIT - I take that back. It downloaded fine, but the .zip extraction fails with CRC errors.
2nd EDIT - Downloaded again and it extracted the .zip ok this time, but it looks like the 720p folder is missing from the zip

There's definitely an issue with the repo -I'll get in touch with ppic and get it straightened out.
-stoli-
thank you Stoli!!
this skin looks pretty sweet.

loading it up now on ATV 2 with latest nightlies.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
stoli Wrote:There's definitely an issue with the repo -I'll get in touch with ppic and get it straightened out.

Looks like it's not fixed yet?
Hopefully it will be resolved in tonight's pull.
-stoli-
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5