• 6(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
will u be supporting custom home screen items?
looks amazing man. Thanks!
Shinu Wrote:will u be supporting custom home screen items?
maybe not with the first alpha but I do want to look into it. I'm still learning so I need to see what's involved with it first.
Just a quick update on the previously mentioned clear cases & animations. I have removed all the clear cases in favor of the classic cases (see the preview below). I've also removed a lot of the "bounce" animations and reworked various other animations that, I think, makes the skin a little smoother. Obviously, I will post an updated video when possible.

Note that the image below shows one of several different themes I am working on that I hope to include with Metropolis. The skin should be very easy to create alternate themes for, just as can be done with Alaska Revisited.

In the top picture, where you have title, runtime and genres on the same line, what does it look like with a movie with plenty of genres and a long title so the text have to be cropped? I hope it doesn't look too "crowded".
sialivi Wrote:In the top picture, where you have title, runtime and genres on the same line, what does it look like with a movie with plenty of genres and a long title so the text have to be cropped? I hope it doesn't look too "crowded".
Very rarely do I run into a problem with the Low List view. I don't have a great example on the computer I am at but hopefully this will give a better idea. Basically the Genre text gets the majority of that line with a small portion dedicated to either year/runtime or year/episodes as in the image below.

been away for a little while now but awesome to hear/see from u again Amra
been a fan of the skin since the first time i saw it and MAN those youtube video's i should not have watched i need the skin now Big Grin

im in love with the awesome fanart view the one that is a 3 window view (dont realy know what the correct english word for it is but i guess u know what i mean) <3 Tongue

and yeah the black border looks ALOT better then the clearcases maybe make it an option for people the want the clearcase (im not a coder and no idea how mutch work it is) ill follow this thread very carefully now and im sure that when i can i will be using it since alpha Big Grin

thanks Amra
awesome work so far
voidy Wrote:been away for a little while now but awesome to hear/see from u again Amra
been a fan of the skin since the first time i saw it and MAN those youtube video's i should not have watched i need the skin now Big Grin
Thanks. I should be posting an updated video in the next few days since I made the changes that I did.

voidy Wrote:im in love with the awesome fanart view the one that is a 3 window view (dont realy know what the correct english word for it is but i guess u know what i mean) <3 Tongue
That is indeed the "Fanart" view and for people who don't like the three part frame I have included an option to use a regular one piece frame. I have to admit that sometimes the fanart just doesn't line up right and the breaks can happen in bad places such as a face. For the most part though, it works.

voidy Wrote:and yeah the black border looks ALOT better then the clearcases maybe make it an option for people the want the clearcase (im not a coder and no idea how mutch work it is) ill follow this thread very carefully now and im sure that when i can i will be using it since alpha Big Grin

thanks Amra
awesome work so far
For now, I am just going to go with the classic black frames through out. I've used the skin the last few nights without the clear cases and I have to agree that it does look better.

Thanks again for the kind words & I hope to have an alpha release ready as soon as I can but it seems every day lately I keep finding things that I still need to do. For instance, tonight I went to move a few files around and noticed that I hadn't done the File Manager screen yet. Just odds & ends like that are holding me up. Also, I'm probably not as organized as I should be. I tend to work on one thing for a while then will get tired of it, or sidetracked and start working on another thing. That's why I was doing a couple of the themes today. I needed to anyway as I have three user profiles on my HTPC & I like to give them each their own theme so I know who is logged in at a glance.
any intention to add tv show logos/clearart to the fullscreen info?
Shinu Wrote:any intention to add tv show logos/clearart to the fullscreen info?
I've never used ClearArt so no plans on that (at this time) and no definite plans on the Logos but I would like to work the logos (optionally) into more parts of the skin instead of just the one view. The Fullscreen info could be one place with just a little rearranging of the upper plot text. It's one of those things I will have to see how it looks first.
Did the Weather screen tonight. Hope everyone likes it. Metropolis will include new weather icons.

OK, I just had to pop in and say that the best part of the whole skin is the amazing genre and settings posters. Did you make those from scratch? They look like they go together too well to not be handmade. Thats impressive.
To learn more, click here.
igotdvds Wrote:OK, I just had to pop in and say that the best part of the whole skin is the amazing genre and settings posters. Did you make those from scratch? They look like they go together too well to not be handmade. Thats impressive.
Thanks. I wish I could take credit for the original artwork but all I did was to find the posters online and then crop them down to size. Lots & lots of searching on Google Images for ones I liked. Needless to say, Metropolis will never be in the official repository due to all the borrowed graphics. Laugh
Very impressive work so far!
I posted an updated preview link on the first page for anyone interested. It shows basically what the previous two did but without the clear cases & with a lot of the animations changed. The new animations look very smooth on my ION 330 running the latest OpenELEC development build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP7IkNaL9GE

Thanks again to everyone for all the nice words of encouragement AND the helpful suggestions.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5