• 65(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
(2012-11-20, 05:03)boccman Wrote: In searching through the skin i found that it searches that field for something like "left ("rated R")" or something like that. But TMDB only returns a "R" for the ratings with makes the label default to NR. Is there a way to have the label appear for both "Rated R" and "R"?

It's definitely possible, but I can't seem to find a list of possible values on their site. It simply says that the certification field should contain things like "R" and "PG" but it doesn't list all possible values. If that means users can put anything they want in there, that could be problematic.
(2012-11-21, 16:47)jingai Wrote:
(2012-11-20, 05:03)boccman Wrote: In searching through the skin i found that it searches that field for something like "left ("rated R")" or something like that. But TMDB only returns a "R" for the ratings with makes the label default to NR. Is there a way to have the label appear for both "Rated R" and "R"?

It's definitely possible, but I can't seem to find a list of possible values on their site. It simply says that the certification field should contain things like "R" and "PG" but it doesn't list all possible values. If that means users can put anything they want in there, that could be problematic.

That might be true, but i have scraped alot of movies from TMDB and i believe they all have either "R"...."PG-13"....etc...the normal stuff.

Is it possible to add an "OR" statement when determining what label to use. If this was done. At lease 99% of the movies should appear correctly (excluding TMDB entries that are bogus).

When creating an entry on TMDB it generates a drop down list of i guess recommened certifications. If you could maybe have Metropolis work with those certifications that would be great.

I think I have this working, but since I don't scrape the MPAA certifications from TMdb, would you mind testing it for me?

Copy this file (for Metropolis 2.0.0) or this file (for Passion/Frodo builds) to skin.metropolis/720p/Includes_Variables.xml

Remember to restart XBMC. If it works, I'll push the changes up.

edit: Also, if you change the country, do the ratings change? If they do, this mod will only work for US. The existing support for Germany, Australia, and UK with IMDB certifications will still work, of course.
(2012-11-22, 19:14)jingai Wrote: I think I have this working, but since I don't scrape the MPAA certifications from TMdb, would you mind testing it for me?

Copy this file (for Metropolis 2.0.0) or this file (for Passion/Frodo builds) to skin.metropolis/720p/Includes_Variables.xml

edit: Also, if you change the country, do the ratings change? If they do, this mod will only work for US. The existing support for Germany, Australia, and UK with IMDB certifications will still work, of course.

Thanks, im at my in-laws today. So ill test it out tomorrow and get back to you.
(2012-11-22, 19:14)jingai Wrote: I think I have this working, but since I don't scrape the MPAA certifications from TMdb, would you mind testing it for me?

I tested it out this morning with the frodo build. It worked perfect. Thanks again for fixing that for me.
I'm not sure if the version has changed again - as I now find that "Update Library" is only available if two items are 'true'. One, the "Settings" tab must appear on the main page, and two, the "Videos" tab must be on the main page as well. I'm hoping that in a future release, it reverts back to be a standard offering within the "Movies" and "TV" submenus. (If it's not a standard offering, you could make it user-selectable, and a toggled item within the settings.)

My reasoning is this. I have a dedicated XBMC box on my TV, which does nothing more but show TV shows and movies. I have a back-end system which downloads the TV shows that our family watches, and drops it into the various folders. I do have XBMC automatically update throughout the day, however, there are times where I would rather perform the update manually - so that I have everything available at the time I want to watch it, and so I don't have to wait for it to 'magically appear'.

I don't normally have the settings available, nor the videos tab, as my kids also use the system. The less on screen, the better. (I've reset the system more than once - even when in Kiosk mode - and I'm sure others with kids have had the same issue.)

I'm hopeful this isn't taken as a complaint - I recently switched to Metropolis as a years-long Alaska user, and prior, a years-long Aeon/Nox user. I found Metropolis to be a very competent contender - and everything was perfect 'right out of the box' to me. I hope that it progresses down the right road - and am happy to lend my own critique and recommendations to the mix.

Thanks!

DD.
No channel/ artist/show logos in tv/music osd. Using latest git, xbmc beta1, ubuntu 12.10. No options to select any artwork in osd?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2012-11-25, 07:53)bandelguy Wrote: No channel/ artist/show logos in tv/music osd. Using latest git, xbmc beta1, ubuntu 12.10. No options to select any artwork in osd?

Check the Scripts/Extras section of the skin settings. You can choose between logo and clear art there but most importantly you need to click the button to download the art.

Frodo needs the images scraped into the database.
You don't say what version you're running, so for my reply I'm going to assume Metropolis 2.0.0 on Eden.

(2012-11-25, 03:17)DurhamDev Wrote: I'm not sure if the version has changed again - as I now find that "Update Library" is only available if two items are 'true'. One, the "Settings" tab must appear on the main page, and two, the "Videos" tab must be on the main page as well.

Actually, it only appears in Movies and TV Shows submenus if Videos is not on the main menu. The rationale there is that it didn't need to be in three separate places.

(2012-11-25, 03:17)DurhamDev Wrote: I don't normally have the settings available, nor the videos tab, as my kids also use the system. The less on screen, the better. (I've reset the system more than once - even when in Kiosk mode - and I'm sure others with kids have had the same issue.)

I understand what you're after. The Update Library link is back in when the Settings item is hidden, but it has not yet been released. Since we just released 2.0.0, we need to wait a bit before we release another -- they are large pulls and the XBMC maintainers frown upon quick back-to-back releases of skins.

If you're on Eden, the interim solution is to replace the Includes_Home1.xml and Includes_Home2.xml files in the skin.

If you're on Frodo, you should be getting Metropolis from the Passion repository, which includes this change.
(2012-11-25, 17:05)jingai Wrote: You don't say what version you're running, so for my reply I'm going to assume Metropolis 2.0.0 on Eden.

You're right. Sorry, I was a bit light on the details. At the moment, I am running Eden, with Metropolis 2.0.0. I'll try and be more forthcoming with details in the future.

(2012-11-25, 17:05)jingai Wrote: Actually, it only appears in Movies and TV Shows submenus if Videos is not on the main menu. The rationale there is that it didn't need to be in three separate places.

Well, heck. That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the clarification. I've since removed the "Video" link, and voila - the updates have returned to me! Smile

(2012-11-25, 17:05)jingai Wrote: I understand what you're after. The Update Library link is back in when the Settings item is hidden, but it has not yet been released. Since we just released 2.0.0, we need to wait a bit before we release another -- they are large pulls and the XBMC maintainers frown upon quick back-to-back releases of skins.

Many thanks, good sir! I apologize if my newbie-styled questions offended any further. Please keep up the amazing work!
No offense taken at all. Glad it's working the way you want now Smile
(2012-11-26, 17:23)jingai Wrote: No offense taken at all. Glad it's working the way you want now Smile

It's amazing what I can do when I'm reading, and not just running around with my arms flailing, eh? Big Grin Thanks again.
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for this skin and all the work that has gone into it. I was only thinking last night I would love a steampunk theme and low and behold it has been done. Big Grin
Xbmc rocks and you guys do this for free amazing. Big Grin
Does the play button occasionally disappear for you guys on the video info screen?

Running git on Frodo Beta 1 and OpenElec.
(2012-12-03, 16:24)ixnu Wrote: Does the play button occasionally disappear for you guys on the video info screen?

Running git on Frodo Beta 1 and OpenElec.

Yes....I think it's more git-related than skin-related though
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5