• 67(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
(2012-12-14, 16:43)tuffno Wrote: Awsome skin, converted from alaska yesterday. In skin appearance settings I can set xbmc startup window to Videos. In eden though Videos doesnt mean the same as in dharma. I would like the startup screen to be in Videos but Files. when I set a keybind to activate this window it looks like this.
<s mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,FILES)</s>
Thats the window I would like XBMC,metropolis to startup in. How can I achieve this?

There is no way to do this via the GUI; however, you could edit skin.metropolis/720p/Startup.xml to do what you want. Search that file for ReplaceWindow(Home). There should be two instances of it. Replace them both with:

Code:
ReplaceWindow(10025,FILES)
Yeah that worked out very nice. Thanks alot.
For others: You need to set the "Startup Window" in "Settings-Appearances" to be "Home Window".
Context menu not working in frodo RC2
where can I download the Eden version of Metropolis? Went from Eden to Frodo and back, but when I try to install Metropolis I get the error dependencies not met, looking in log files I see that it is trying to grab it from a frodo repo.
Thanks
Have you tried uninstalling Metropolis and then reinstalling? I don't think Eden should be hitting the Frodo repo at all...
Will try that again. Thought I tried already
When I check debug log I see :::
124736 NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
13:08:24 T:75124736 NOTICE: Starting XBMC (11.0 Git:20120702-f3cd288), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F455)). Built on Jul 2 2012
and when I try to install Metropolis I see:::
13:15:43 T:75124736 DEBUG: CFileCache::Open - opening <addons/frodo/skin.metropolis/skin.metropolis-2.6.3.zip.md5> using cache
13:15:43 T:75124736 DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0x23e66800) http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/ski....3.zip.md5

I will try and uninstall and reinstall again, thanks for help
ok, downgraded to Eden, uninstalled Metropolis, went to appearance, skins, get more ..... See Metropolis however it is listed as Broken in repository...Dependencies not met.
Any ideas on how I can get Eden version ?
Which repo should it be in? searched several and force refreshed Passion but I dont see it there, it is in the XBMC.org but it is listed as broken and wont install.
can nobody help me find and re-install this? broken in repo
(2013-02-06, 05:17)homerjs Wrote: can nobody help me find and re-install this? broken in repo

You can get it here, but if you downgraded in-place without backing up your Eden configuration, it's probably that you have other things broken as well..
Hello,

Love the metropolis skin, been using it for a long time. I have one request/question. When using a video plugin (like Free Cable for example) and viewing a list of shows, it displays a banner image squished into a poster sized image. Here is an example (again from free cable):

If there is a way to fix that, i'd love to hear it. Even if that means that the banner would be quite small, I'd personally prefer that over the picture being stretched. Just my opinion, if you have a different opinion, that's perfectly fine. If there is no way to fix that, then oh well, I'll live with it. It's not that big a deal.

Thanks again for a great skin!
It needs to be fixed in the addon. Poster should always be a poster, but that addon is scraping a banner to the poster.
Ah.. so it's an addon problem. Thanks for the super quick reply!
(2013-02-06, 15:49)jingai Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 05:17)homerjs Wrote: can nobody help me find and re-install this? broken in repo

You can get it here, but if you downgraded in-place without backing up your Eden configuration, it's probably that you have other things broken as well..

Thank you so very much, best skin for the atv2, greatly appreciated.
Hi guys.
I'm using Frodo on different machine, and they're all connecting to a sql server for media, posters, nfo and so on.

Everything is ok with standard skin, but with Metropolis lots of posters are missing, and I just get a frame from the movie Sad
What could I do?
I see the same thing until I re-scrape the art, then it is fine. It also likes to show an "auto-screenshot-thumb" from movies too instead of the cover. I pretty much chalked it up to the change in Frodo from using .tbn to using -poster.jpg, and then the artwork converter not doing a perfect job at converting or scraping local art. I too use an SQL database, and thought it might be the change in not using path substitutions when upgrading to Frodo, but also didn't want to start over on the database, so I just let it auto-convert.
After reading the above Frodo FAQ I decided to mass rename my *.tbns to *-poster.jpg so I ran:
Code:
find . -type f -iname .tbn  while read FNAME; do mv $FNAME ${FNAME%.tbn}-poster.jpg; done
on my Linux server that holds my MOVIES and it converted quickly, but had to re-scrape after, everything that re-scrapes shows up fine now.
I think it comes down to the Frodo auto-converter not populating the "ListItem.Thumb" art correctly on the first run, it seems to have done an ok job for "ListItem.Icon" but any skin using Thumb is hit or miss, for TV it seems that the "Prefer Poster" setting can affect it too.

Try this thread first though, it might solve your problem straight away automatically, I like to try to figure out why and then fix things manually hence the explanation above.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154680
It describes using the Artwork Downloader addon to solve image problems.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5