• 50(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
(2012-04-24, 21:17)stoli Wrote: @Steveb - if you want to send me the xml you updated I'll be glad to merge it it.

Regards,

No Probs, here you go..

DialogAlbumInfo.xml

Merge instructions..

Includes.xml - change <include name="Object_MovieInfoLines"> visible condition from <visible>Window.IsActive(movieinformation)</visible> to <visible>Window.IsActive(movieinformation) | Window.IsActive(musicinformation)</visible>

MyMusicNav.xml - replace <include>Object_InfoLines</include> with <include>Object_MovieInfoLines</include>

edit: Also you might want to place the album name control in Viewtype_Panel_Square.xml into a control group that contains <include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include> ect.

Try this, it also has the artist logo in the space under the fanart.

Viewtype_Panel_Square.xml

Also Viewtype_FanartList.xml looks great in Artist and song views Wink

Cheers.
@jingai
ALAC flag

@sialivi
Blu-ray 3D flag

I'm presuming these flags should be named "alac.png" and "Blu-ray 3D.png" respectively. Hope they're okay. Big Grin
(2012-04-25, 02:58)Amra Wrote: I'm presuming these flags should be named "alac.png" and "Blu-ray 3D.png" respectively. Hope they're okay. Big Grin

I believe the other skins that support it use "3dbd.png"

Thanks Amra for the icon. I'm adding the alac icon but not the BR3D one because I'm not sure what the string is (I don't have any 3D BluRays). If someone can verify what the string should be (standard BR appears to be "bluray") then either I or Stoli will add it in.

-j
Amra, is there anyway to take the Steampunk theme and add some led-light images to the bottom of the poster views? Basically, I'm looking for a skin that makes it look like scrolling through movie posters at a theater. I think the Steampunk one is close, but adding some lighting or bulbs, much like the menu on the original Metropolis theme, would look really cool.

Sort of like this - http://cdn.hometheaterforum.com/e/e7/e7e...ghtbox.jpg
(2012-04-25, 15:50)jingai Wrote: Thanks Amra for the icon. I'm adding the alac icon but not the BR3D one because I'm not sure what the string is (I don't have any 3D BluRays). If someone can verify what the string should be (standard BR appears to be "bluray") then either I or Stoli will add it in.

-j

It's bd3d as I said (not BR3D), but it's probably better to just search for 3D because there a few less common tags but all of them have 3D somewhere in the string.

(2012-04-25, 01:53)Steveb Wrote: No Probs, here you go..

DialogAlbumInfo.xml

I'm working on merging in your changes now. Stoli, I'll push these changes up to you shortly. I'll just include them in my previous pull request if you don't pull it in before I'm done.

(2012-04-25, 01:53)Steveb Wrote: edit: Also you might want to place the album name control in Viewtype_Panel_Square.xml into a control group that contains <include>Animation_HiddenByInfo</include> ect.

Done.

(2012-04-25, 01:53)Steveb Wrote: Try this, it also has the artist logo in the space under the fanart.

I'm not going to do this for a couple of reasons. First, the Artist Logo function has been (at least temporarily) removed because the way it was implemented depended on:

1) The user's music is all in one place,
2) The top-level of said place contains Artist directories.

This is often not the case and just causes a bad user experience when it doesn't work.

Secondly, the space below the fan art contains the CDArt when a song is playing. This is easily worked around but I'm not going to bother because of the first reason.

-j
Ok, Pull request #74 now includes Steveb's new DialogAlbumInfo as well as both of Amra's new media flag icons.

-j
(2012-04-25, 17:22)jingai Wrote: I'm not going to do this for a couple of reasons. First, the Artist Logo function has been (at least temporarily) removed because the way it was implemented depended on:

1) The user's music is all in one place,
2) The top-level of said place contains Artist directories.

This is often not the case and just causes a bad user experience when it doesn't work.

Secondly, the space below the fan art contains the CDArt when a song is playing. This is easily worked around but I'm not going to bother because of the first reason.

-j

Yep no probs, I understand, all my music is in one folder so works great for me Wink, but I think you misunderstood the location of the Artist logo..

(2012-04-26, 01:00)Steveb Wrote: Yep no probs, I understand, all my music is in one folder so works great for me Wink, but I think you misunderstood the location of the Artist logo..

Yeah, I did, sorry. Just wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to that particular bit because the functionality isn't there right now anyway.

If someone wants to implement it correctly (it can be done, but it's probably going to be difficult to do right), they're welcome to do so. It should be done similarly to how the Artwork Downloader stuff is implemented for TV Shows. Hard-coding paths and such is not a very good idea, especially since XBMC allows any number of sources.

-j
Yes I agree that hard-coded paths are not a good idea, but thats the way artist logos are handled in other skins (Transparency.. ect..), its a bit of a workaround and I'll have a look at it, but I think if you have your music spread across multi-pal sources your out of luck Smile
(2012-04-26, 01:57)Steveb Wrote: Yes I agree that hard-coded paths are not a good idea, but thats the way artist logos are handled in other skins (Transparency.. ect..), its a bit of a workaround and I'll have a look at it, but I think if you have your music spread across multi-pal sources your out of luck Smile

Honestly, I haven't thought it all through since I've been working on other issues lately, but it does work for TV Shows with multiple sources. I believe it could be done for music as well, but again.. I haven't yet thought it through.

If it's important enough to people I'll put some thought into it over the next couple weeks. But I have other issues (here and at my real job) that I have to tend to at the moment.

If nothing else, making the user specify the source again in the skin configuration is just bad form, IMHO.

-j

edit: you've tickled my interest in solving a problem enough that I will look into this. but be patient with me please Tongue
Hey guys, awesome work.

I noticed a bug. Since I downloaded the latest commit, the audio channels flag is messed up. It's showing the fallback, 'NA', for all of my media files. Did someone rename the audio channel flag images? In Includes_MediaFlags2 it's looking for:

$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels,flags/AudioChannels/,ch.png].

There's no 'ch' in the image name. I took the 'ch' out and it works again.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
(2012-04-27, 04:24)YOUNG13 Wrote: I noticed a bug. Since I downloaded the latest commit, the audio channels flag is messed up. It's showing the fallback, 'NA', for all of my media files. Did someone rename the audio channel flag images? In Includes_MediaFlags2 it's looking for:

$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels,flags/AudioChannels/,ch.png].

D'oh, sorry about that. Didn't mean to commit that change actually. I'll fix it today.

-j
Sorry, but I new here and have the following problem. First I must say that this skin is great. And now to my problem, I use the German language file. And in the video OSD, the word "Wiedergabe" is too long. How can I change that?

• 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5