• 69(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
DELETED
Is it possible to have the extracted images?
(2013-09-10, 00:23)douglasrac Wrote: Is it possible to have the extracted images?
I think you can find all the images in the media folder of the Github Repository here: https://github.com/stoli/Metropolis
Hi
And thank you for this awesome skin.

I have a problem with movie covers though: since i use confluence skin (on openelec and raspberrypi) the cover scratched from imdb are displayed fine, but when i turn to metropolis instead of the cover i get a screenshot of the movie.

Tryed with all views.
Anyway to fix this?

Thank you for helping me out
@paso75, what version of XBMC and Metropolis are you using? This issue was sorted out in the last release; however, some users reported having to re-scrape the problematic entries.
Hi jingai and thank you for replying.
I have the latest xbmc version 12.2 openelec with the latest metropolis skin.
I'm rescraping all files too.

Tryed to edit the db file (in table art i query to change all mediatype to "poster") but it fixed for some but not for all.
I'm not really sure then. Have you tried running Artwork Downloader?
No, i'll give it a try.
Sorry maybe its a silly question, can i work on pc xbmc files and then copy them to userdata on raspberrypi?
Its much much faster...
(2013-09-20, 19:26)paso75 Wrote: No, i'll give it a try.

There's a shortcut to get what Metropolis needs via Settings->Metropolis->Scripts/Extras->Download Extra TV Show Artwork.

(2013-09-20, 19:26)paso75 Wrote: Sorry maybe its a silly question, can i work on pc xbmc files and then copy them to userdata on raspberrypi?
Its much much faster...

Possibly, if the source paths are all the same.. but I haven't tried it personally.
Hey guys, new to XBMC and loving it - and loving Metropolis skin.

Question - I have a ton of MMA videos that are scrapped nice using the sherdog scraper, but they show up as movies. Is there a way to give them their own menu item, and NOT show up as a movie? They are really sports PPV events.

Thanks guys!!
BigOldBoy, you could put them into a Playlist and add it to Favourites, which would allow you to add it as a custom submenu item. They would still show in the main Movies library, but at least you'd have a way of looking at only the MMA videos.
Hi,

Is there a way to browse a playlist instead of playing it when I choose it from the favourites custom menu? They open and not play when I choose them from the inside of the favourites menu. I am using Metropolis 2.8.0 on XBMC 13.1 (Openelec on RPi).
(2014-05-24, 22:56)minek Wrote: Is there a way to browse a playlist instead of playing it when I choose it from the favourites custom menu? They open and not play when I choose them from the inside of the favourites menu. I am using Metropolis 2.8.0 on XBMC 13.1 (Openelec on RPi).

The problem is that the skin doesn't know what the Favourite ultimately links to, so it simply 'executes' it. Playlists need to be handled differently if you want XBMC to open them in the library instead of executing them, but I can't assume a Favourite is a Playlist or it will break if it links to anything else Sad

If you add your playlist to any of the other menus (like Movies, TV Shows, Videos, Music, etc) that support adding playlists explicitly, it will do what what you want. I'll consider adding the ability to add arbitrary items to the Favourites submenu as well, probably whenever I find the time to refactor it all and make it more robust in general..
Hello jingai,

Hope all is fine with you. Just a heads up regarding new DialogVideoInfo control statements for TvTunes and VideoExtras for Frodo and Gotham (the onclick instruction has now shrunk dramatically plus there are some other changes in the arguments to facilitate new features. For clarification read here). They both now support music videos, besides usual Movies and TV shows:

TvTunes: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...eoInfo.xml
VideoExtras: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ifications

I believe Metropolis hasn't been updated on this arena in a while since currently only provides TvTunes early basic support for Tv Shows.

Have a good one!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
capfuturo,

I've removed the loop=False when instantiating the TvTunes add-on and plan to add a button to download tunes in DialogVideoInfo. Was there more that needed to be done?

VideoExtras isn't supported in Metropolis at all yet, though it's on the todo list.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5