• 2(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
I'm really looking forward to this. Great work so far. Out of interest, are those mockups or actually screen?
Nothing to see here....
zepfan Wrote:I'm really looking forward to this. Great work so far. Out of interest, are those mockups or actually screen?
Actual screens. The video portion of the skin is quite far along (still a few views yet to do though) and I am actually using it for Movies & TV shows on a 40" LCD from about 10 feet away, I think it looks quite nice so far. I've started working on some of the dialogs like the volume bar, etc today so when I get more of that done then I will post some more screens.

BTW, in case anyone is curious why the media flags (video rez, codec, aspect, audio codec & channels) show up in some views & not others, that is because they are set to only show in the Video Info screen by default. HOWEVER, I have added an option to always display them if desired. In turn, though, that obviously reduces the amount of plot text shown in various views. The MPAA rating, star rating, studio, & clock show in all views.
Very good for now!

I can't decide if it looks more Art Deco or more Bauhaus, but it looks fine.

Maybe current buttons could be 1920ized to match Fritz Lang's Masterpiece

I will definitely follow this thread, very promising

Love the Genre images Smile
N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:Very good for now!

I can't decide if it looks more Art Deco or more Bauhaus, but it looks fine.

Maybe current buttons could be 1920ized to match Fritz Lang's Masterpiece

I will definitely follow this thread, very promising

I love the genre thumbs, but I don't think they need labels. I think the UI should display the genre title leaving the posters hell of a lot more attractive.
Here is another preview image showing a couple dialogs, just to give you an idea of what I am trying to do with them. I want them to be as non-obtrusive as possible so I am going to confine them to the top center of the screen. Obviously, if I run into problems/conflicts then I may have to change things around a bit. But for now I like the way they look.

Skin looks great.

are you going to enable custom home menu items?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Mute could have the same size/layout as the volume for consistency.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Livin Wrote:Skin looks great.

are you going to enable custom home menu items?
Thanks & I'm not sure. It's not something I have ever used but since I plan on uploading & sharing the skin then I will look into it & see how complicated it is since I know other users like that stuff.

xbs08 Wrote:Mute could have the same size/layout as the volume for consistency.
I thought about that but then didn't see the need for that large of a mute notification. I did a few other dialogs this morning (video scan & progress) and they are the same height & placement of the volume dialog but just a little wider to accommodate more text.
PVR Support??
Looking very promising indeed. I like your choice of typeface for the text in small caps.

I think your type could use a bit more padding though, this view especially gets a bit cramped. In that case I think it'd open things up nicely to just lose the lines that are boxing it in right now, or just lower their opacity quite a bit so they're very subtle.

Of course it's all up to you. Just offering my thoughts.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Amra Wrote:Thanks & I'm not sure. It's not something I have ever used but since I plan on uploading & sharing the skin then I will look into it & see how complicated it is since I know other users like that stuff.

It is something I require since I have kids, wife, and guests that need direct access to some things like...

Kids Videos
New Videos

...etc
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Amra,
Can you please create a "comics" genre poster for movies based on comicbooks, but doesn't fit under the "superhero" poster you've already made?
Not directed at anyone here, but lets just let him finish his first version first. Requests can be made after. You don't want to him to feel too daunted before he even finishes his rough draft.
Nothing to see here....
No biggie. Questions & comments are okay but major requests probably should wait until after I've finished up an alpha release.

As far as adding more Genre posters, that will be quite easy as all the ones I've included were just found on the internet & cropped down to size (250x500). I wish I could do artwork that well. A "Comics" genre is easy enough to include.

Just an FYI (or maybe TMI), I actually no sooner started working on the dialogs when I've had to take a break for a few days. Been busy with the kids & my wife needed a new laptop. So, since I am tech support in my house, I had to look for a good replacement & tonight set it up for her & transfer all her personal info from the old to the new. Fun! I should do some more on this over the weekend.

I hope everyone is patient with me on this since it may seem to go slowly at times. I definitely want to finish this as I started it for myself & I like the looks of it so far. I am a family man and often have to wait until my kids go to bed to work on this.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5