• 4(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
Sad no news .... ?
looking goodSmile This one is going to be legendarySmile
how far along are you what i see i awsome
havent heard from him in a while hope he is ok
Is this project dead ? Sad
I doubt it but these things take an incredible amount of time to do and then things like work and life get in the way.
Okay, first things first. I'd like to apologize for disappearing for a while. I have no excuses other than real life, family & summer. So, again... Sorry.

Now that that's out of the way, a status update is in order.

Basically, I haven't done anything on this for several months but have recently started up again. I've done more work on the dialogs and Video OSD (screenshots below & in the album link in post#1) and I am inching closer to an alpha release to test the video portion of the skin. I and my family (including the wife without any problems/complaints) have been using it for quite a while but I would like to get some outside opinions. As a side note, however, the Picture & Music sections have had minimal work done on them. I don't use either so they are further back on my list of things to do.

One last note on the previews: As always, things may change & they could look a little different in a future release.

Image.Image.Image.Image.Image.Image
This looks fantastic Amra!! Would love to test it out and give you my opinions.Nod
espengaasemyr Wrote:This looks fantastic Amra!! Would love to test it out and give you my opinions.Nod
Thanks & whenever I prepare an alpha release it will be done similar to Welo and various other skins where a public link will be posted and anyone who wants to can download & play with it.

Oh, and an FYI, it will only be for Dharma at first. I haven't even begun to play with any Pre-Eden builds yet. Oo
Amra Wrote:Thanks & whenever I prepare an alpha release it will be done similar to Welo and various other skins where a public link will be posted and anyone who wants to can download & play with it.

Oh, and an FYI, it will only be for Dharma at first. I haven't even begun to play with any Pre-Eden builds yet. Oo

NiceNod looking forward too it! Went back to Dharma yesterday. i can`t live without pesudotv and all the other video addonsLaugh
Marvelous. Was worried you had disappeared for good. Can't wait for the alpha, this is my most anticipated skin. Great work.
sialivi Wrote:Marvelous. Was worried you had disappeared for good. Can't wait for the alpha, this is my most anticipated skin. Great work.
Thanks. I finally got around to doing the Files View and have uploaded a screenshot below. I had been postponing this view because I wasn't sure what to do with it. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

On a side note, I was trying tonight to create a video to show what I've done so far but could not find a good free program to do so. I tried the free version of Fraps but it limits me to only 30 seconds and that just isn't enough to show off all the viewtypes.

Does anyone know what the other skin creators here use? Or do they just pay for the full version of Fraps? Just curious. :confused2:
Amra Wrote:Thanks. I finally got around to doing the Files View and have uploaded a screenshot below. I had been postponing this view because I wasn't sure what to do with it. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

On a side note, I was trying tonight to create a video to show what I've done so far but could not find a good free program to do so. I tried the free version of Fraps but it limits me to only 30 seconds and that just isn't enough to show off all the viewtypes.

Does anyone know what the other skin creators here use? Or do they just pay for the full version of Fraps? Just curious. :confused2:

I'd imagine that any screen recording tool will work, it doesn't need sound.

I'm so excited for this skin!
Nothing to see here....
Amra Wrote:On a side note, I was trying tonight to create a video to show what I've done so far but could not find a good free program to do so. I tried the free version of Fraps but it limits me to only 30 seconds and that just isn't enough to show off all the viewtypes.

I haven't used this personally, but MSI has a free overclocking application that has built in videocapture. Even though it's made by MSI you don't actually need an MSI graphicscard to use the application.

MSI Afterburner
sialivi Wrote:I haven't used this personally, but MSI has a free overclocking application that has built in videocapture. Even though it's made by MSI you don't actually need an MSI graphicscard to use the application.

MSI Afterburner
Thanks sialivi. Just Googled some reviews of the program & it sounds like just what I need. I'll try it out tonight.

zepfan Wrote:I'm so excited for this skin!
Thanks! And, nothing like a little pressure now. Big Grin
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5