[Live] Installation on OrigenAE M10 with IMON Pad with VFD
Hi to all!

It took me quite some time to get all the needed information to be able to get my system up and running. Even though all the information was found within the forum I thought that it would be a good idea to sum up the taken steps.

Probably the one or the other might find it helpful...

...to be continued in the following post
1.) Install XBMC Live on a USB stick
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Live

2.)Get the IMON Pad and VFD working
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=491...tcount=256

Additional information:
After following the above instructions my remote control was working but the VFD did not quite show what I expected it to show. The first line of the display showed something like "LCD ProcServer" whereas the second line showed "CLI:0 SCR:0"

Thus I thought that the VFD was not working but I was wrong. It worked correctly but needed to be "connected" to XBMC.

Therefore open a command window (CRTL+ALT+F2 return to XBMC screen with CTRL+ALT+F7) and enter the follwoing:

Code:
nano ~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml

Remark:
Some useful information regarding Nano:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Nano

Find the entry
Code:
<haslcd>false</haslcd>

and change it to

Code:
<haslcd>true</haslcd>

Additionally I did the following without knowing if it was needed:

Code:
nano ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Add the following entry

Code:
<videoscreen>
    <haslcd>true</haslcd>
</videoscreen>

After a reboot of the system the display should be working and showing what it is expected to.

Finally the file LCD.xml can be changed. I left it as it is for the moment but as already stated in some other posts the LCD.xml is set up for a display with four lines.

3.)Add Videos and TV-Shows from a Server
I have a UPNP media server running and added some videos directly from the server. But the scraper did not work if the files were added from a UPNP source and therefore the Library Mode was not available.

Thus I had to add the SMB share containing the files rather than its UPNP equivalent.

XBMC showed "ERROR 2: I can not remember the remaining text" whenever I searched the LAN for SMB shares. I needed to add them manually in the menu under "add source" --> "browse" --> "add network location".

Just add the server address at "server name" and the share folder you wish to connect to.

Dont enter "smb://" in the server name field as I did. The "smb://" part is added automatically.

If you entered some wrong network location by accident open a command window and enter:

Code:
nano ~/.xbmc/userdata/mediasources.xml

Remove the network location there! There is no other way of deleting wrong entries in the network location list than to change the mediasources.xml.

Ok, all files added to the database and library mode activated...

4.)Enable sound
I have a ASUS Xonar DX sound card and the sound of my Zotac ION ITX. I use them both. The Xonar for passthrough to my Dolby Digital Receiver and the ION ITX HDMI Sound for direct output on my TV.

My onboard sound (HDMI output) was muted and therefore I did not get my TV to make any noise whereas the passthrough worked properly.

To un-mute any sound device you need to again open a command window and type

Code:
alsamixer

to start the alsamixer.

Switch between your sound devices by hitting F6 and un-mute all needed channels by selecting the channel you want to change and hitting M on the keyboard. Quit alsamixer with ESC if you are done.

5.) Thats It
Relax and start enjoying XBMC

BR

RonnyO.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Installation on OrigenAE M10 with IMON Pad with VFD0