Kodi nightlies - xbmc.python.library can no longer be called from RunScript?
Just upgraded a couple of systems to the latest Kodi nightlies (both from builds before the recent rebrand commits) and noticed that my script - script.skinshortcuts - no longer ran on them. Absolutely nothing in the debug log - it showed the script was loaded along with all other installed scripts at start, and similarly unloaded at shutdown. But there was literally nothing in the logs at the various times the script was meant to run (either automatically, or manually through skinsettings.xml. Normally it is run via the RunScript function - something like

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=mainmenu)</onclick>

After some playing, I noticed that if I changed the extension point in addon.xml from xbmc.python.library to, say, xbmc.python.script the script ran as normal. So from

Code:
    <extension point="xbmc.python.library" library="default.py"/>

to

Code:
    <extension point="xbmc.python.script" library="default.py">
        <provides>executable</provides>
    </extension>

Is this intended behaviour, that scripts using the xbmc.python.library extension point can no longer be called by RunScript()? If so, is there a recommended alternative entry point to be used? Thanks!
Great, this would explain the shortcuts not working in Aeon Nox 5, that now work when PR5593 is applied.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Great, thanks to tamland for the proposed fix Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi nightlies - xbmc.python.library can no longer be called from RunScript?0