• 2(current)
[RELEASE] LiveOnlineFooty.com - Watch premium sports streaming services with XBMC
I have found this as an alternative, and it does get good reviews. Although its not going to work on ATV2 as there is no XBMC plugin. http://www.livefootball.net/

Maybe this plugin could be tweaked to work with either of them?
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
Ok so I've signed up and installed it on the PC - have to say so far I'm very impressed. I've got an xbox linked up to an old CRT TV in the shed so thought I'd see if the plugin works on that... I'm currently sat out in the sunshine on the decking watching a repeat of yesterdays Arsenal v Liverpool game. I know it's a repeat so the quality may be better than if it was the live stream but it really doesn't look too different from a normal analogue channel on my tv. So far I've watched half an hour and no buffering issues.

Very impressed, well done to everyone involved in creating this. This has cheered me up no end as I'm off work with a bad back which not only means no pay but I might have to miss Saturdays West Ham game away at Chelsea - at least I can sit outside with a pint and watch it at home now - cheers!

For anyone wanting to use this on their old xbox just extract the contents of the zip file and rename the folder to whatever you want the plugin called (in my case liveonlinefootball) then stick it in your plugin/video directory. Works brillitanly
whufclee Wrote:Ok so I've signed up and installed it on the PC - have to say so far I'm very impressed. I've got an xbox linked up to an old CRT TV in the shed so thought I'd see if the plugin works on that... I'm currently sat out in the sunshine on the decking watching a repeat of yesterdays Arsenal v Liverpool game. I know it's a repeat so the quality may be better than if it was the live stream but it really doesn't look too different from a normal analogue channel on my tv. So far I've watched half an hour and no buffering issues.

Very impressed, well done to everyone involved in creating this. This has cheered me up no end as I'm off work with a bad back which not only means no pay but I might have to miss Saturdays West Ham game away at Chelsea - at least I can sit outside with a pint and watch it at home now - cheers!

For anyone wanting to use this on their old xbox just extract the contents of the zip file and rename the folder to whatever you want the plugin called (in my case liveonlinefootball) then stick it in your plugin/video directory. Works brillitanly
How do you watch a repeat? I've gone through all the streams but nothing is working to show that match? Sad
Devices using XBMC
DazNoonan Wrote:How do you watch a repeat? I've gone through all the streams but nothing is working to show that match? Sad
The message that seems to come up in the scrren box is (server not found...)
Devices using XBMC
DazNoonan Wrote:How do you watch a repeat? I've gone through all the streams but nothing is working to show that match? Sad

It´s on channel 1 right now, sick ending!

The repeat quality is the same as live, as far as i can tell. In my opinion its well worth the 6£, you get better or the same quality as a analogue broadcast. The source seems to be HD most of the time and bitrate good.

You can sometimes (rarely) find better streams on myp2p but you more often have to settle with a lot worse.
** Post removed: Problem Resolved **
Devices using XBMC
Big Grin 
Actually if you have patience you can find all streams for free sopcast or veetle.com
Right got it working okay on the Laptop now... Has anyone used this on ATV2 succesfully yet then? I will try it again tonight but the match last night was continuously buffering Sad
Devices using XBMC
picky2004 Wrote:Actually if you have patience you can find all streams for free sopcast or veetle.com

Whilst you may be correct I find that I end up missing half the match by switching from stream to stream trying to find the best one. £3 a month to save all that hassle is worth it in my book, also the streams I were watching earlier were excellent quality. By using sopcast, tvants etc I very rarely (if ever) get that quality. I've been using the free ones for what must be over 5 years now, just wish I'd taken the gamble on liveonlinefooty a long time ago... well I say that now I'll let you know how I feel about it later on after the live game tonight!
Cheers for taking the time to make this addon. I'm gonna give it a go Big Grin
This is now streaming on my ATV2, doesn't seem to be buffering now maybe it was quite bad before due to the demand for the match? Will try it again later with a match on. Is it usual that the stream is in 4:3 and not widescreen?
Devices using XBMC
Hi, keep me posted on the buffering on the ATV2. I'd appreciate if you could check sometime on a laptop or PC just to rule out drop-outs in your network. I assume there's some buffer issue on the ATV2, but I don't have one (yet) to check on.

The aspect ratio seems to be an issue with how XBMC is handling flash streams, nothing I can do in the add-on that I've been able to figure out yet. Everywhere else, it's wide-screen Smile You can handle this by going to Settings -> Video -> Display 4:3 videos as Stretch 16:9, everything is then hunky-dory Smile

Please bare with myksterx and myself, it's a first add-on for both of us Smile

DazNoonan Wrote:This is now streaming on my ATV2, doesn't seem to be buffering now maybe it was quite bad before due to the demand for the match? Will try it again later with a match on. Is it usual that the stream is in 4:3 and not widescreen?
mclog Wrote:Hi, keep me posted on the buffering on the ATV2. I'd appreciate if you could check sometime on a laptop or PC just to rule out drop-outs in your network. I assume there's some buffer issue on the ATV2, but I don't have one (yet) to check on.

The aspect ratio seems to be an issue with how XBMC is handling flash streams, nothing I can do in the add-on that I've been able to figure out yet. Everywhere else, it's wide-screen Smile You can handle this by going to Settings -> Video -> Display 4:3 videos as Stretch 16:9, everything is then hunky-dory Smile

Please bare with myksterx and myself, it's a first add-on for both of us Smile
Firstly thanks for the great work, hopefully you are not thinking all most posts are a moan as they are not... I really appreciate the time and effort it takes you guys into creating addon's and also appreciate the help in getting things sorted if there is a problem.

I watched the QPR Vs Derby game tonight as I said I would, when I chose one of the streams it was being broadcast in widescreen, and this did buffer quite a bit to be honest and was not really watchable. I changed stream and got a 4:3 one (same match) and that one worked fine to be honest, I mean there was a couple of clitches but nothing major at all.

I will try the stretch option on the next match I get to watch and let you know how that works as that would be a good option if it doesnt distort the picture. Shame about the buffering on the one that was broadcast in widescreen though as that looked amazing quality, I think it was Stream 7 and it probably buffered due to it being HD.
Devices using XBMC
I also watched the match last night, I didn't realise one was broadcast in widescreen and one was 4:3 as I have my xbmc setup for 16:9 as default. I tried both streams and you are correct one of them kept buffering but the other one was near on perfect and I really couldn't see any difference in quality between the two.

I tried out some free streams from other sites to compare the quality and found that Veetle had a very good quality stream (not available via the plugin though) but it was nowhere near as good as the quality of this one. All in all very happy with this, well done guys I've been looking for a plugin to stream live sports for years now so you've made me a very happy Hammer.
whufclee Wrote:I also watched the match last night, I didn't realise one was broadcast in widescreen and one was 4:3 as I have my xbmc setup for 16:9 as default. I tried both streams and you are correct one of them kept buffering but the other one was near on perfect and I really couldn't see any difference in quality between the two.

I tried out some free streams from other sites to compare the quality and found that Veetle had a very good quality stream (not available via the plugin though) but it was nowhere near as good as the quality of this one. All in all very happy with this, well done guys I've been looking for a plugin to stream live sports for years now so you've made me a very happy Hammer.
Did the 4:3 one stretched to 16:9 look fine then? I think I will have to give that setting a go tonight for the Spurs match. Agree though, fantastic work!
Devices using XBMC
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] LiveOnlineFooty.com - Watch premium sports streaming services with XBMC5