Jailbreak threads
The iOS forum has constant questions about jailbreak and iOS downgrade. This subject is definitely unrelated to xbmc, but it's a fact that people must jailbreak to install xbmc on their devices.

I was thinking about making a post with updated info about jailbreaking options, how to downgrade, etc. But first I would like to hear an opinion from a moderator: is this a good idea or should we just provide minimal support and let people find answers somewhere else?
nmat Wrote:The iOS forum has constant questions about jailbreak and iOS downgrade. This subject is definitely unrelated to xbmc, but it's a fact that people must jailbreak to install xbmc on their devices.

I was thinking about making a post with updated info about jailbreaking options, how to downgrade, etc. But first I would like to hear an opinion from a moderator: is this a good idea or should we just provide minimal support and let people find answers somewhere else?

Nope, jailbreaking is unrelated to xbmc. The requirements for XBMC for iOS/ATV2 are a device that is already jailbroken. There are plenty of other forums around the cover the nuances of jailbreaking iOS devices.

Some discussion will be tolerated but as soon as the thread turns into a jailbreaking feast, it will get moved to off-topic. Any thread that has URLs for custom ipsw's will get deleted without warning.
OK. I'm glad I asked. Thanks for the info and keep up the good work Smile
Relatedly, I'm looking for hardware support for a jailbroken iOS device. Just tonight, after months of my jailbroken ATV2 working happily, I can't access Netflix and on reboot I get the connect to iTunes screen.

I hadn't fixed the ATV2 to stop nagging me about updating firmware and I wonder if it finally updated itself without my saying so, as I'm pretty sure I never told it to update. Or if that's even the issue. In any case I don't know if the firmware was updated, nor how to recover the device without bricking it or having to jailbreak it again. I can't seem to SSH in to it now.

But I'm not sure if seeking this kind of support is now appropriate. Is it appropriate to at least find out where I can find support for jailbroken hardware? This is where I learned how to jailbreak it in the first place so that I could put XBMC on it, and Google isn't helping me find out where else to go. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jailbreak threads0