Changes in the latest Nightly Build
Couple more recent shots

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/4318/...hot075.png
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9989/sc...ot076a.png
Jezz_X Wrote:I started working on one again today (more AEON Syle) for fun no promises it will make it into main xbmc though because it will have to replace the current one they really can't live together easy and its a big change I will however release it as a mod when I finish doing it so you can play

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7838/...ot074e.png

Wow!
That is beautiful!
Jezz_X Wrote:As much as a horizontal menu might look good it fits into "remove all the extra hard to understand / hidden options from those windows and unify the theme" section.

As much as people may not like it because it is the default skin confluence needs to be easy to understand and not have a bunch of options or extra things that rely on 3rd party scripts too work (cinema experience)

People need to be just able to use it and not need a learning curve or to add or install extra thumbs/scripts to work proper

I know it sucks but thats my stand on it

I agree completely... There Confluence should stay uncomplicated, as this is the first skin people are presented with. Also it's the skin that is suggested to be used for troubleshoot XBMC(debug logs)

Also since Confluence is so well loved, there will always be a MOD version for the more advanced users.
giftie Wrote:I agree completely... There Confluence should stay uncomplicated, as this is the first skin people are presented with. Also it's the skin that is suggested to be used for troubleshoot XBMC(debug logs)

Also since Confluence is so well loved, there will always be a MOD version for the more advanced users.

I've used the new Confluence for a while now and I agree to the concept of simplifying it for new users as it is the default skin.

I'm still not convinced, however, that the info overlay in the fanart view for TV Shows should stay on all the time.

The fanart is almost completely covered and the info provided is useless to most people. In the rare occasion that a user doesn't remember what a show he has in his library is about, he can still call up the info page and be presented with the same info (and more) in a better form.
Redrum Wrote:....... I'm still not convinced, however, that the info overlay in the fanart view for TV Shows should stay on all the time.

The fanart is almost completely covered and the info provided is useless to most people. In the rare occasion that a user doesn't remember what a show he has in his library is about, he can still call up the info page and be presented with the same info (and more) in a better form.

Redrum Wrote:.... Most importantly I noticed that there are no view-specific options anymore. I normally used the fanart view for TV-Shows with show info hidden, but I can't find the option to hide it now.

Are these changes final?

Added it back in today
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/efd4...553d93f3d4
Jezz_X Wrote:Added it back in today
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/efd4...553d93f3d4

Thanks. You're awesome!
@ Jezz_X

Hi Jezz_X is the new shutdown text menu final or just work in progress, as I feel that it looks plain not in step with the rest of the design.

Maybe you could left justify the text with the original icons infront of the text. You could also shorten some of the options like Power Off System to Power off & Custom Shutdown Timer to Shutdown timer.

But I'm no designer so everybody else may think its fine, just offering my 2 cents.
fultotop Wrote:@ Jezz_X

Hi Jezz_X is the new shutdown text menu final or just work in progress, as I feel that it looks plain not in step with the rest of the design.

Maybe you could left justify the text with the original icons infront of the text. You could also shorten some of the options like Power Off System to Power off & Custom Shutdown Timer to Shutdown timer.

But I'm no designer so everybody else may think its fine, just offering my 2 cents.
While I admit its not the sexiest its going to be easier in the long run because apple and ios guys want to get rid of all the shutdown options and and openelec people want to get rid of exit. But I'll have a look into adding in some icons and stuff
Hi, just wondering where the "Library mode" toggle went on the left hand side menu and if it can be re-enabled?
shaneob86 Wrote:Hi, just wondering where the "Library mode" toggle went on the left hand side menu and if it can be re-enabled?

No such thing anymore in xbmc for videos, all your "files" are now a node in the root of the video library window
Hello
I'm a very new user, I just downloaded the latest daily build. I gather sometime in the last few days the organization on the home window has changed. I think I like the horizontal orientation well enough but I have two comments:
1 I noticed the end items (weather and sytem) don't slide to the middle like the others when they gain the focus. This was actually a bit jarring (kind of a strongish term but I can't think of another at the moment) at first. My eyes expected to stay in the middle of the screen.

2 When trying to activate the shutdown button w/ the arrow keys, you actually have to go thru the submenu of the active main menu item to get to it. This seems a bit odd.

These are obviously small things that are easy to get used to, but the shutdown button thing took me a couple of tries to get it.
1) I'm open for suggestions on whats best
2) how else are you supposed to get to it ? you could always press up and get their in 1 hit if you not playing music or have recently added videos enabled. But I assume you mean you want a main menu item for it ? and that I'm against
RE #2, um, sorry, I somehow missed the up arrow action. That is perfectly fine w/ me. I wouldn't want a main menu item.
RE #1, that one I'm still pretty sure of. It just doesn't seem right to have some of the items slide to the middle and some not.
Hi,
I have just downloaded the new nightlies and would like to make some comments on the changes to the Confluence skin.

I like the new changes, the added ease of getting to some add-ons is brilliant.

Are we able to get back the TV shows and Movies main menu options. These are the main 2 the entire family use, and now it is a more of a chore to get to the tv shows drilling down the extra menu.

Also using this removes a much used feature, - TV shows by most recently added.

For ease and clarity of navigation, the kids definitely found the vertical menu easier to cope with.

Cheers
wakido
I like the new home screen.

I have still a very minor criticism for the TV-Shows section.

I'll try to explain: when you select a show, the default behavior of XBMC is to highlight the "..." item to go up one level. When that item is selected, Confluence switches back to the default fanart for the TV section, instead of the show's fanart.

The result is that, when you first select a show and then an episode of that show, the fanart changes three times. I think it's kinda disorienting.
IMHO it would be better if the "..." item kept the show's fanart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes in the latest Nightly Build0