[XBMC Live] Support AMD E-350 platform ?
Other asrock e-350 owners what do you have your audio outputs set to in the amd iso to make it work? Hoping just for the standard 3.5mm stereo jack (not hdmi).

After a few trials on certain choices the error re audio output doesn't common some but I can't get audio output...

Paul
barbz Wrote:Other asrock e-350 owners what do you have your audio outputs set to in the amd iso to make it work? Hoping just for the standard 3.5mm stereo jack (not hdmi).
After a few trials on certain choices the error re audio output doesn't common some but I can't get audio output...
Paul

Well, if your asrock is the same as mine, and if you're using the same amd iso, then probably selecting "custom" as output and specifying "plughw:0,3" will do. If it's not, then you need to find the correct output for yourself. Here is how:

open a terminal (ctrl+alt+f1), and log in. Enter the following command (don't enter the "$"):
$ aplay -l

You will have something like this:
Code:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
[color=red]card 0[/color]: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], [color=red]device 3[/color]: ATI HDMI [ATI HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
[color=red]card 1[/color]: SB [HDA ATI SB], [color=red]device 0[/color]: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
[color=red]card 1[/color]: SB [HDA ATI SB], [color=red]device 1[/color]: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]

then, enter this (note the change from small 'l' to capital 'L'):
$ aplay -L

The answer will look similar to this:
Code:
hdmi:CARD=Generic,DEV=0
    HD-Audio Generic, ATI HDMI
    HDMI Audio Output
hw:CARD=Generic,DEV=3
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=Generic,DEV=3
    Hardware device with all software conversions
[color=red]default[/color]:CARD=SB
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Default Audio Device
iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
[color=red]hw[/color]:CARD=SB,DEV=0
hw:CARD=SB,DEV=1
[color=red]plughw[/color]:CARD=SB,DEV=0
plughw:CARD=SB,DEV=1

You will probably have more (or less) entries than this list, but that doesn't matter until there is an enty that you can use.

First, look at the result of the first command. It will list the hardware devices/sound cards of you system. You need to find the one with the analog output, and note the card/device ID of it. (I highlighted the relevant part with red color.)
Once you have the physical device, you can check the logical devices, which are defined over the physical ones. The list of logical devices are listed by the second command. Look for devices using the analog card. In the above example, "default", "hw" and "plughw" are defined for analog. (These are the names of the logical devices. I've highlighted the name part in red.)

If a logical device is defined only once, and only for the analogue card, than you can use it directly, specifying it's name in XBMC. For example, if I want sound on HDMI output, then logical device "hdmi" is defined only once, so I can simply use "hdmi" in XBMC. If, hovewer there are multiple definitions for the same logical device name - like for example "plughw", which has 3 definitions /for analogue, hdmi and digital/, then you need to specify which one do you want to use. To specify, use the "logical_name:card:device" format. So, for example, to use plughw on the analogue output, specify "plughw:1,0", where "plughw" is the logical device name, "1" is the card number, and "0" is the device number of the physical card (listed by the first command).
Thankyou for that.

I will give that a go as soon as I can get this installed....stuck in a loop with the "installing the system" section.

Paul
mine is stuck at a similar point...wont install to hdd...
sulrich Wrote:mine is stuck at a similar point...wont install to hdd...

Did yours come from the torrent source? Winder if the 4 part eat version is any different...
barbz Wrote:Thankyou for that.
I will give that a go as soon as I can get this installed....stuck in a loop with the "installing the system" section.
Paul

Check the following files on the CD/iso. I stuck in a loop as well (don't remember exactly which point), and found out that my iso had a few files with missing ends.

Code:
\pool\main\l\linux\pcmcia-storage-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.u
\pool\main\l\linux\firewire-core-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ud
\pool\main\l\linux\fs-secondary-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ude
\pool\main\l\linux\fs-secondary-modules-2.6.35-22-virtual-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ude
\pool\main\l\linux\storage-core-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ude
\pool\main\l\linux\storage-core-modules-2.6.35-22-virtual-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ude

If you find these files, then rename them to:
Code:
\pool\main\l\linux\pcmcia-storage-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
\pool\main\l\linux\firewire-core-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.uddeb
\pool\main\l\linux\fs-secondary-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
\pool\main\l\linux\fs-secondary-modules-2.6.35-22-virtual-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
\pool\main\l\linux\storage-core-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
\pool\main\l\linux\storage-core-modules-2.6.35-22-virtual-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
Fixed those, still having the same issue - any thoughts?

Thankyou for your help here too - i can get my sound working on the livecd - tho playback is very average with tearing etc - Im hopeful a full install will change that for me.

Paul

peterk2005 Wrote:Check the following files on the CD/iso. I stuck in a loop as well (don't remember exactly which point), and found out that my iso had a few files with missing ends.

Code:
\pool\main\l\linux\pcmcia-storage-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.u
\pool\main\l\linux\firewire-core-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ud
\pool\main\l\linux\fs-secondary-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ude
\pool\main\l\linux\fs-secondary-modules-2.6.35-22-virtual-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ude
\pool\main\l\linux\storage-core-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ude
\pool\main\l\linux\storage-core-modules-2.6.35-22-virtual-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.ude

If you find these files, then rename them to:
Code:
\pool\main\l\linux\pcmcia-storage-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
\pool\main\l\linux\firewire-core-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.uddeb
\pool\main\l\linux\fs-secondary-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
\pool\main\l\linux\fs-secondary-modules-2.6.35-22-virtual-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
\pool\main\l\linux\storage-core-modules-2.6.35-22-generic-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
\pool\main\l\linux\storage-core-modules-2.6.35-22-virtual-di_2.6.35-22.33_amd64.udeb
Cancel that - got it going, had to change those file names and manually partition the disk - not use the whole disk..

Got it going and im not in the process of installing windows on the box - the chunkiness and tearing in Band of Brothers is woeful.

Cheers
Paul
Im pretty readyt o give up with mine to be hojnest with you. at 87% of install it bails out...assuming I dont get the error cant read the cd rom drive of course...
have you tried installing off a usb stick? you can load the iso onto it using unetbootin....

Once you load it you can edit the files peterk has mentioned then when you get into actually installing it - setup your partitions manually - then see how you go.

Paul
OK get this - install to HDD - fail (says needs file of CD ROM that are not there)
Run from USB - Live persistent mode - would boot occasionally but not consistently.
I eventually used lili USB creator to put the AMD XBMC image onto a SD card and it boots and runs off that fine. I just have to find the menu file to reduce the countdown delay....
Cheers
Steve
sulrich Wrote:OK get this - install to HDD - fail (says needs file of CD ROM that are not there)
Run from USB - Live persistent mode - would boot occasionally but not consistently.
I eventually used lili USB creator to put the AMD XBMC image onto a SD card and it boots and runs off that fine. I just have to find the menu file to reduce the countdown delay....
Cheers
Steve

Edit the file /etc/default/grub, and change the value of "GRUB_TIMEOUT=xxx" to the value of your desire. (it's in seconds).
Thanks! I have a couple of grub files there though should be able to find the right one :-)
Hello,

As I said in my first post ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99487 ), I am interested by Zotac AD02 with this E-350 AMD fusion platform

I read this thread day after day and I can see all the problems :-(

-> Do you know if XBMC team is working on a future release of XBMC Ubuntu CD-Live version, adapted to the AMD platform ?

Thanks for any info :-)

PS : So many problems reported in this another thread :-(
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99154
Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
I have successfully installed XBMC Eden (ubuntu 11) on the E350 based Zotac box, none of the problems that I had previously...some fiddling to find the right audio out settings but apart from that, worked flawlessly. :-)

(2011-06-06, 15:59)peterk2005 Wrote:
sulrich Wrote:OK get this - install to HDD - fail (says needs file of CD ROM that are not there)
Cheers
Steve

Edit the file /etc/default/grub, and change the value of "GRUB_TIMEOUT=xxx" to the value of your desire. (it's in seconds).

FYI I found it was pointing to menu.lst so I managed to edit that (before upgrading to eden)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMC Live] Support AMD E-350 platform ?0