• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Subsonic
aaronb Wrote:Sorry, I was out of town for a few days. I created the playercorefactory.xml, and I'm still getting errors. Log:

http://pastebin.com/PS47BinW

Code:
08:45:42 T:3888 M:2339180544   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: streams
08:45:42 T:3888 M:2339180544   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: matches rule: streams

if you have placed the correct stuff in playercorefactory.xml and placed playercorefactory.xml in the right place the log should contain something like the above for a rule called 'subsonic' (assuming that's what you called it in playercorefactory.xml) rather than 'streams'

my guess is you've not put it in the right directory or called it the wrong name or the contents are not correct as your xbmc appears not to be checking for the subsonic rule.

can you post your playercorefactory.xml file and tell me what directory you have put it in?

thanks,

t0mm0
I'm an idiot, I put it in

C:\Users\aaron\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\

instead of

C:\Users\aaron\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

It's working now that I put it in the right place. Thanks!

One odd thing I noticed, if I go to the status page of Subsonic it shows three concurrent downloads of the file I'm playing. Everything works correctly, but I thought that was strange.
aaronb Wrote:It's working now that I put it in the right place. Thanks!

excellent! glad you got it working ok Big Grin

i might try and automate adding that rule if it doesn't exist

aaronb Wrote:One odd thing I noticed, if I go to the status page of Subsonic it shows three concurrent downloads of the file I'm playing. Everything works correctly, but I thought that was strange.

i think xbmc starts to get the file at least twice - once to work out the mime type and then to a second time to actually download the file.

someone who knows more about xbmc internals might have more of an idea.

thanks,

t0mm0
This is a great add-on. I'm going to be setting up a new XBMC box for a friend, and having my entire music library built right in (and always up to date) without needing any storage is going to blow him away.
marcusjb Wrote:Just set up my friends system to access my server at home, plays fine except playlists, i'm getting an error:

http://pastebin.com/wR2E4kwr

just pushed out 0.2.1 to the repo which should fix the problem. it was a silly mistake :o

aaronb Wrote:This is a great add-on. I'm going to be setting up a new XBMC box for a friend, and having my entire music library built right in (and always up to date) without needing any storage is going to blow him away.

i love subsonic - it's a great way to share music collections and also i never have to sync music to my android phone - it's like magic that you can play anything from your entire collection wherever you are!

if you have any feature suggestions feel free to let me know and i'll see what i can do.

t0mm0
Awesome, great to see this plugin developing nicely.

I get this in my error log when clicking the Music icon:
Code:
16:27:09 T:5860 M:1985159168  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:27:09 T:5860 M:1984802816   ERROR: Use of deprecated functionality. Please to not assume that "os.getcwd" will return the script directory.
16:27:09 T:5860 M:1984602112   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
16:27:09 T:5860 M:1984602112   ERROR: Error Contents: expected string or buffer
16:27:09 T:5860 M:1984573440   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.subsonic\default.py", line 36, in <module>
                                                subsonic.get_indexes(Addon.plugin_queries['folder_id'])
                                              File "C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.subsonic\resources\lib\Subsonic\Subsonic.py", line 64, in get_indexes
                                                [Addon.add_artist(i) for i in index if type(i) is dict]
                                              File "C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.subsonic\resources\lib\Subsonic\Addon.py", line 75, in add_artist
                                                add_directory(url_queries, artist['name'], total_items=total_items)
                                              File "C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.subsonic\resources\lib\Subsonic\Addon.py", line 66, in add_directory
                                                listitem = xbmcgui.ListItem(decode(title), iconImage=img, thumbnailImage=img)
                                              File "C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.subsonic\resources\lib\Subsonic\Addon.py", line 139, in decode
                                                return re.sub("&#(\d+)(;|(?=\s))", _callback, data).strip()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\re.py", line 151, in sub
                                                return _compile(pattern, 0).sub(repl, string, count)
                                            TypeError: expected string or buffer
16:27:09 T:5828 M:1984552960   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.subsonic/?mode=list_indexes&folder_id=0
16:27:09 T:5828 M:1984552960   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.subsonic/?mode=list_indexes&folder_id=0) failed

And XBMC just pops up a message saying "Script failed!: plugin.audio.subsonic"
ruiner17 Wrote:
Code:
16:27:09 T:5860 M:1984802816   ERROR: Use of deprecated functionality. Please to not assume that "os.getcwd" will return the script directory.

oooops, this particular error is caused by a silly cut and paste mistake but i don't think it would cause the rest of the errors.

to be sure could you make a small change to [addon_dir]/plugin.audio.subsonic/resources/lib/Subsonic/Addon.py

just change the line second from bottom from
Code:
addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='plugin.video.subsonic')
to
Code:
addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='plugin.audio.subsonic')

i assume that will still fail though.

can you please post a debug log? (do a search and replace on your password before posting if it is sensitive)

thanks,

t0mm0
I tried installing the plug-in and it says "script failed" every time I try to run it. Strangely enough the repository zip file I downloaded says version 1.0.3 but when I install the plugin from the Zip file and select Subsonic from the plug-in menu to install the plugin it says version 0.2.1 which I presume is the incorrect xbox version.

How do I go about installing the correct version, or is there a mistake with incorrect zip files stored on Github?
crooksy Wrote:I tried installing the plug-in and it says "script failed" every time I try to run it. Strangely enough the repository zip file I downloaded says version 1.0.3 but when I install the plugin from the Zip file and select Subsonic from the plug-in menu to install the plugin it says version 0.2.1 which I presume is the incorrect xbox version.

How do I go about installing the correct version, or is there a mistake with incorrect zip files stored on Github?

Sounds like you have the right versions. 1.0.3 is the repo installer version. 0.2.1 is the latest version of the addon.

Post a debug log ifyou are still having trouble.
t0mm0 Wrote:Sounds like you have the right versions. 1.0.3 is the repo installer version. 0.2.1 is the latest version of the addon.

Post a debug log ifyou are still having trouble.

Will do, could my firewall be blocking the script from running correctly, I have a subsonic server running on the same machine and I tried entering both my Subsonic IP address and URL in the plugin settings.
crooksy Wrote:Will do, could my firewall be blocking the script from running correctly, I have a subsonic server running on the same machine and I tried entering both my Subsonic IP address and URL in the plugin settings.

no way of telling without a debug log..... Wink

if it's on the same machine why not use localhost:port as the address?

t0mm0
Thanks for your work on this Add-on!

I just installed your add-on last night for the first time. I was able to get past a previous "script failed" error by making the changes mentioned in post 37. Demo now works fine but with my server address & credentials, I get: "Subsonic Error. Error reading response from server". I tried entering the ip of my server, hostname as well as xxx.subsonic.org and got the same error.
I am able to access the subsonic server from a browser on both my Mac and PC.

http://Pastebin.com/czPNMbWn

It's my first time pasting a log fromXBMC. Let me know if I missed anything or if you need more info.

I am running Dharma (latest release) on ATV2.
The Subsonic server is 4.0.1, running on an Intel Mac Mini. This is NOT the latest version of Subsonic. (Could this be the cause?). The most recent Subsomic (4.3?) causes a Java error and won't run for me.
crooksy Wrote:I tried installing the plug-in and it says "script failed" every time I try to run it. Strangely enough the repository zip file I downloaded says version 1.0.3 but when I install the plugin from the Zip file and select Subsonic from the plug-in menu to install the plugin it says version 0.2.1 which I presume is the incorrect xbox version.

Did you make the change mentioned in the post just before yours -#37? That fixed the script error for me.
eTip Wrote:Did you make the change mentioned in the post just before yours -#37? That fixed the script error for me.

I'll give it a try - cheers
eTip Wrote:Thanks for your work on this Add-on!

I just installed your add-on last night for the first time. I was able to get past a previous "script failed" error by making the changes mentioned in post 37. Demo now works fine but with my server address & credentials, I get: "Subsonic Error. Error reading response from server". I tried entering the ip of my server, hostname as well as xxx.subsonic.org and got the same error.
I am able to access the subsonic server from a browser on both my Mac and PC.

http://Pastebin.com/czPNMbWn

It's my first time pasting a log fromXBMC. Let me know if I missed anything or if you need more info.

I am running Dharma (latest release) on ATV2.
The Subsonic server is 4.0.1, running on an Intel Mac Mini. This is NOT the latest version of Subsonic. (Could this be the cause?). The most recent Subsomic (4.3?) causes a Java error and won't run for me.

thanks for the detailed bug report - it's hard trying to debug something when you can't see it Wink

you are correct - the problem is the version of subsonic (i should really try and return a better error message). 4.3.1 is required due to api changes.

well actually i am only using features of the api up to 4.2 so if you can run that one you could try changing line 30 of [addon_dir]/resources/lib/Subsonic/Subsonic.py

from
Code:
self.api_version = '1.5.0'
to
Code:
self.api_version = '1.4.0'

it would be possible to support older versions but would mean rewriting a fair amount of the plugin. i may actually do that at some point as it's a bit of a mess and could do with a tidy up. not promising anything any time soon though i'm afraid Sad

i assume you've tried asking on the subsonic forums about the java problem?

sorry about that

t0mm0
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Subsonic1