• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Subsonic
t0mm0 Wrote:to be sure could you make a small change to [addon_dir]/plugin.audio.subsonic/resources/lib/Subsonic/Addon.py

just change the line second from bottom from
Code:
addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='plugin.video.subsonic')
to
Code:
addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='plugin.audio.subsonic')

t0mm0 Wrote:well actually i am only using features of the api up to 4.2 so if you can run that one you could try changing line 30 of [addon_dir]/resources/lib/Subsonic/Subsonic.py

from
Code:
self.api_version = '1.5.0'
to
Code:
self.api_version = '1.4.0'

i just did a quick release of version 0.2.2 which incorporates both these changes. i think i did it right, but i am not at home and on a borrowed machine so i might have completely messed everything up! if so let me know Wink

thanks,

t0mm0
Thanks for the quick response. It's funny how often I come up with possible solutions to problems while I am explaining them to someone else. After it occurred to me that it may be the version of Subsonic I was running, I decided to try to install it on my Win XP box. 4.4 is running fine there. There is a thread on the Subsonic forums regarding that Java error but no solution. I did post to that thread last night.

Now I have a new error. The Addon connects to the Subsonic server just fine & I get to the screen with Albums, Search, Playlists, Random. Selecting Albums or Playlists results in a Script Error. Random or Search doesn't find anything.

I believe the log file here is from selecting Albums:

http://Pastebin.com/G8fLaSE4

I thought perhaps the error had to do with the size of my music library - over 45K songs. However, looking at the log file it does seem to get through all of my Artists and errors out on "311" (that's the 2nd to last Artist; the last is "7 Seconds"). Maybe the error in the log file means something to you...

I will try pointing Subsonic to another folder with fewer artists to see what happens. If that works, then I will try my full library without 311.
eTip Wrote:Thanks for the quick response. It's funny how often I come up with possible solutions to problems while I am explaining them to someone else.

yes I know exactly what you mean!

Quote:Now I have a new error. The Addon connects to the Subsonic server just fine & I get to the screen with Albums, Search, Playlists, Random. Selecting Albums or Playlists results in a Script Error. Random or Search doesn't find anything.

I believe the log file here is from selecting Albums:

http://Pastebin.com/G8fLaSE4

I thought perhaps the error had to do with the size of my music library - over 45K songs. However, looking at the log file it does seem to get through all of my Artists and errors out on "311" (that's the 2nd to last Artist; the last is "7 Seconds"). Maybe the error in the log file means something to you...

I will try pointing Subsonic to another folder with fewer artists to see what happens. If that works, then I will try my full library without 311.

Ah, I wonder if the artist 311 is being returned from simplejson as an int rather than a string?

I'm off to bed now but let me know if you get it to work without 311 - if that's the problem the fix is simple.

Also the plugin might be slow with that many artists. Would submenus for each letter help I wonder?

thanks,

t0mm0
t0mm0 Wrote:that just installs the repository. now you have to go into 'get addons' and find the subsonic addon to install just like you would any other addon.

hope that helps,

t0mm0

Thanks for your help.

Once again

THANK YOU for this nice addon

greet walter
t0mm0 Wrote:yes I know exactly what you mean!

Ah, I wonder if the artist 311 is being returned from simplejson as an int rather than a string?

I'm off to bed now but let me know if you get it to work without 311 - if that's the problem the fix is simple.

Also the plugin might be slow with that many artists. Would submenus for each letter help I wonder?

thanks,

t0mm0

Removing the 311 folder fixed it. I haven't played with it much but seems to be working fine. Nice job on this. All 1250 Artists load fine. It takes a while to scroll through them of course but the native AppleTV interface is the same way.

Thanks again.
eTip Wrote:Removing the 311 folder fixed it. I haven't played with it much but seems to be working fine. Nice job on this.

cool, released 0.2.3 which fixes this issue so you can listen to 311 again Wink

thanks again for the help with debugging!

t0mm0
Awesome!!! I Was waiting for a plugin like this for ages :-D Thank you, thank you thank you!

Curious if the features, Recently added, Top rated, Most played, Recently played are going to be included?
Finally a Subsonic add-on for XBMC. Thanks!

Are you planning to add SSL support on this add-on? I have SSL set up on my Subsonic server and I get this error:

Code:
Subsonic Error
Error contacting server.
[Errno 1] _ssl.c:490:error 140773f2:ssl Routines:ssl23_GET_SERVER

Using the Subsonic demo server works fine. I'm using Openelec XBMC and Subsonic installed on Unraid server.

I'm not sure where the debug log is located in openelec.

Thanks again.
you have a bug in you get_indexes function, I'm assuming its the same problem you had with music folders because only indexes (letters) that contain more than one artist get listed

Throwing a self.listify(i['artist']) around the i['artist'] in get_indexes(self, folder_id) fixes it.

I have no python experience, but it seems pretty straightforward

also you need to hand shortcuts, my incoming folder doesn't display
here is my getIndexView response from subsonic so you can see what I mean:
http://pastebin.com/Z2E2vAi2

<shortcut name="Incoming" id="4b3a5c4d757369635c4d757369635c496e636f6d696e67"/> should be treated just like an artist element
On another note great addon! Thanks a lot for it I only wish XBMC had a way to buffer the next song, that would be great.

I have a feature request if possible:
1. Display the list of recently added albums
2. When click on a song in an album queue the whole song list, so that the next song plays (EDIT: This works on windows, but not the atv2, do you think you could fix it?)
You are the king right now of wonderful addons. Laugh

Request: Ability to download or capture video/music to xbmc?
This way I can erase music or video folders and download new ones.
SCSI Wrote:Are you planning to add SSL support on this add-on? I have SSL set up on my Subsonic server and I get this error:

Code:
Subsonic Error
Error contacting server.
[Errno 1] _ssl.c:490:error 140773f2:ssl Routines:ssl23_GET_SERVER

Using the Subsonic demo server works fine. I'm using Openelec XBMC and Subsonic installed on Unraid server.

I'm not sure where the debug log is located in openelec.

sorry for the delay, this message slipped by me.

i thought it would just work. but i don't have a ssl enabled set up at the moment. i guess that will get me to secure my installation properly in order to test Wink

in the meantime if you could post a debug log that will probably speed up a fix... check the wiki for info on where it is found.

Tj78492 Wrote:you have a bug in you get_indexes function, I'm assuming its the same problem you had with music folders because only indexes (letters) that contain more than one artist get listed

Throwing a self.listify(i['artist']) around the i['artist'] in get_indexes(self, folder_id) fixes it.

I have no python experience, but it seems pretty straightforward

well spotted, i'll add that as soon as i can!

Tj78492 Wrote:also you need to hand shortcuts, my incoming folder doesn't display
here is my getIndexView response from subsonic so you can see what I mean:
http://pastebin.com/Z2E2vAi2

<shortcut name="Incoming" id="4b3a5c4d757369635c4d757369635c496e636f6d696e67"/> should be treated just like an artist element

cool, don't have any shortcuts on my subsonic so didn't spot that! will add support for it in the next release - thanks for the example!

Tj78492 Wrote:On another note great addon! Thanks a lot for it I only wish XBMC had a way to buffer the next song, that would be great.

don't think that would be easy, if it's possible at all, but yeah it would be a good idea if it's possible.

Tj78492 Wrote:I have a feature request if possible:
1. Display the list of recently added albums

yes i can add that

Tj78492 Wrote:2. When click on a song in an album queue the whole song list, so that the next song plays (EDIT: This works on windows, but not the atv2, do you think you could fix it?)

not sure there's anything i can do about that - maybe it's a problem with xbmc on atv2? i don't think there is anything a plugin can do to fix it? and i don't have one so i can't even try it Sad

speed32219 Wrote:You are the king right now of wonderful addons. Laugh

Cool

speed32219 Wrote:Request: Ability to download or capture video/music to xbmc?
This way I can erase music or video folders and download new ones.

thought there would be a catch to the praise Wink

it's possible. i had the same idea myself but haven't got round to implementing it yet. maybe this could even provide a way of buffering the next song....

i'll add it to my todo list.

thanks,

t0mm0
I donwloaded and installed subsonic APK 2.6 on my 7" droid tablet. I can stream music from the subsonic site. But, in order to stream music and or videos from xbmc, I would need to install a subsonic server.

Has anyone done this yet?

It seems that the subsonic server starts on boot and I was wondering how it affects xbmc operation.
speed32219 Wrote:I donwloaded and installed subsonic APK 2.6 on my 7" droid tablet. I can stream music from the subsonic site. But, in order to stream music and or videos from xbmc, I would need to install a subsonic server.

It seems that the subsonic server starts on boot and I was wondering how it affects xbmc operation.

this addon is the other way round - it streams music from a subsonic server to xbmc.

i have my subsonic running on a fairly modest headless machine i have sitting in a cupboard that also stores all my media and handles downloading torrents etc. so is on all the time and therefore accessible from the mobile app while i'm out.

so yeah i don't see why you couldn't run subsonic on the same machine as xbmc (assuming you don't want to have lots of users!)

t0mm0
speed32219 Wrote:I donwloaded and installed subsonic APK 2.6 on my 7" droid tablet. I can stream music from the subsonic site. But, in order to stream music and or videos from xbmc, I would need to install a subsonic server.

I have Subsonic running all the time along with XBMC and have had no problems, the only thing to be careful of is ensuring you use different DNS and ports, particularly if you are using the XBMC web interface.

Subsonic and XBMC are my all time favourite applications, followed closely by PS3MediaServer
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Subsonic1