[APPLETV2] How to mount shares for mythtv 0.24
Hi, I am a newbie and got hold of a APPLETV2 ( jailbroken + nitotv).

I have to mount shares for my mythtv add-on and I am not sure how I go about doing this? XBMC smb is not recognized by mythtv add-ons. Any help would be much appreciated.
vskatusa Wrote:Hi, I am a newbie and got hold of a APPLETV2 ( jailbroken + nitotv).

I have to mount shares for my mythtv add-on and I am not sure how I go about doing this? XBMC smb is not recognized by mythtv add-ons. Any help would be much appreciated.

I suggest figuring out XBMC w/ myth on a normal machine (mac/win/lin) then take what you learned and apply it to xbmc-atv2.

It'll be easier that way.
Keith,

Quote:I suggest figuring out XBMC w/ myth on a normal machine (mac/win/lin) then take what you learned and apply it to xbmc-atv2.

My other machine is windows 7 (not unix or linux) and it easily worked with shares like \\{ipaddress}\{foldername}. The windows share works flawlessly.

The above naming convention obviously did not work with appletv.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I'm guessing you're using a plugin. Try instead creating a new video source with the path as
Code:
myth://user:pass@host

I'll try to find the last thread about it when I'm back in front of my laptop
vskatusa Wrote:Keith,

My other machine is windows 7 (not unix or linux) and it easily worked with shares like \\{ipaddress}\{foldername}. The windows share works flawlessly.

The above naming convention obviously did not work with appletv.

Any help would be much appreciated.

That is standard windows file sharing, which works fine with XBMC in every environment, iOS included. Has nothing to do with Myth.

I meant, when I said 'normal machine' to install XBMC on that machine and set it up under there 1st. Then use that same logic on ATV2.

To the best of my knowledge, you did not put \\server\path inside XBMC on Windows 7, since that formatting isn't supported by us. Setup the shares in XBMC-iOS the same way you did for XBMC-WIN and you should be good to go.

If you need help, there's many posts on adding shares and even videos on youtube if you search around.
Keith,

Quote:I meant, when I said 'normal machine' to install XBMC on that machine and set it up under there 1st. Then use that same logic on ATV2.
Yes I have a windows 7 machine with xbmc installed with mythtv add_on

Quote: To the best of my knowledge, you did not put \\server\path inside XBMC on Windows 7, since that formatting isn't supported by us. Setup the shares in XBMC-iOS the same way you did for XBMC-WIN and you should be good to go.
The format \\{servername}\{foldername} did work in windows 7 xbmc - I included this format in the settings.xml file for mythtv

So, I did try EXACTLY in appletv2 as in windows 7 and it did not work.

Adam,

Quote:myth://user:pass@HOST

I shall try your suggestion

Thanks everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLETV2] How to mount shares for mythtv 0.240