[REQUEST] Type in XBMC using your phone's keyboard
Here is what I would like to do.

I would like to be able to load a video plugin with the phone, youtube for example, then use the phone keyboard to send the searches to xbmc.

Typing in the search terms using the phone keyboard is much easier than using the arrows to select each individual letter on screen. Is this even possible?
Proper plugin browsing is one of the next things to come. Need to iron out a bug in now playing screen first, then I'll have a look at this.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I second this one. I hate typing usernames/passwords/urls ect with xbmc. It would rock if it had a keyboard in the remote. I'm drooling over the idea.
Wow same issue, multiple threads... anyway I just hacked my nook color yesterday so I haven't tested it extensively yet but the PRemoteDroid app seems to work well as a keyboard and mouse. Not the best solution but it'll work for now! Big Grin
Have you guys noticed that you can write in "sms-style" with normal remotes number-buttons? It´s much faster than arrow-method.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
this is the biggest flaw in the android remote right now Blush
Yep even I was looking for someinformation on this, but alas I guess its not yet supported ...
I really want this - so I've spent a few hours on it today to see what's possible. Unfortunately I have zero experience with Android so it's slow going.

I've added a function at org.xbmc.httpapi.client.ControlClient.sendText(INotifiableManager manager, String text) and matching declarations in ControlManager and IControlClient.

I'm at the stage where I have a new menu option on the RemoteController activity, and selecting that option sends a hardcoded string of text to the xbmc virtual keyboard.

I'm now need to work out how to show a new dialog or activity to prompt the user for the text to send. It's getting late though - doubt I'll get it finished tonight.
Any updates on this?

There hasn't been an official update on the market for a couple months now, is this project still being worked on?
We're all pretty busy, but there is some work being done on the remote. Next on my list is the keyboard feature.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
(2011-06-27, 00:20)the_alien Wrote: We're all pretty busy, but there is some work being done on the remote. Next on my list is the keyboard feature.

After 4 years, still a dream Rofl
(2015-03-24, 08:30)ripacid Wrote: After 4 years, still a dream Rofl

What do you mean?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Type in XBMC using your phone's keyboard0