How do I add program addons to the home screen?
I love the Neon skin but would like to add to the home screen a link that takes me to a section where I can select movie trailers, YouTube and other program addons. Is this possible?

Thanks

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
DavidT99 Wrote:I love the Neon skin but would like to add to the home screen a link that takes me to a section where I can select movie trailers, YouTube and other program addons. Is this possible?

Thanks

David

Its under the settings >skin settings> custom home

you can make custom sections there.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:Its under the settings >skin settings> custom home

you can make custom sections there.

Thanks, I found that bit and I can add an option to the home screen but I don't know how to put trailers, Youtube etc to appear. Selecting the option doesnt do anything. I think I need a "How To" on this.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
Add what you want on the home screen to your favorites (just press "C" on an item, and then "Add to Favorites"). Once in Favorites, you can add it to the home screen in Settings.
-stoli-
Thanks stoli, I will give it a go. I love Neon, thank you for all your work.

David
Ok, this is not happening for me!

To be clear on what I am trying to do...........

There is an ADDONS option on the home screen that when you select it it takes you to a screen that displays some of the enabled addons like MCERemote, RSS Editor and Cinema Experience but it doesn't show YouTube or Apple Movie Trailers.

What I want is to have a home screen option called say TRAILERS that when I select it I go to a screen that has YouTube and Apple Movie Trailers on it that I can then select and use the plugin just like with the ADDONS option.

All I can do at present is add a Home Screen item and add a favorite to it but that means having a Home Screen item for everything I want to access.

How do I do that?

Thanks

David
Roll up your sleeves and write some xml! Smile There really is no way to do what you want. At best you could have it go to the video addons, but you can already do that via the Videos menu item.
-stoli-
Thanks stoli, I think I will use the submenu from the VIDEOS menu.

David
stoli Wrote:Roll up your sleeves and write some xml! Smile There really is no way to do what you want. At best you could have it go to the video addons, but you can already do that via the Videos menu item.

i have been faced with the same problem... and this solution will not work for me as i like to have video's item hidden? where is the same button in movies or tv shows? it appears in other skins...

if i try to make the video-addon a fav using the "c" key it just asks me if i want to configure it or get info. no option to add as favourite
Go to Videos > Addons. Not Settings > Addons.
-stoli-
ah ok!

answered this question myself Smile

the home menu is in 720p/Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml

took a look at the "videos" section.... and copied the below to line 504 and restarted XBMC

Code:
<item id="8">
        <label>$LOCALIZE[31272]</label>
        <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,Plugins)</onclick>
</item>

its easy when you know how... but how do you know if there is no-one to tell you Smile
hey guys.

i gotta say, this skin is awesome.

One thing though i need help. I really need to add new menu called trailers that will launch Apple Trailers when clicked.

how do i do that? i read in a previous post that i have to write some xml. Can you guide me to a source so can manage to do this?

thanks in advance
No xml required. Add Apple Trailers to your favorites and then you can add that favorite to the menu via Settings > Skin > Custom Home.
-stoli-
ok i will give it a shot. Thanks
hello,

well i added Apple Movie Trailers to the favorites, and using Custom Home i tried to set the favorite but i cant. It opens app the favorite list, and shows Apple Movie Trailers, but no matter how many times i try to select it i cant. the only thing i am allowed to do is close the window.

any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I add program addons to the home screen?0