[LINUX] XBMX 10.1 and Ubuntu 10.10 - Remote Weirdness?
Hi there. I have a Harmony one which I am using with a imon receiver (0038 in case you were wondering). I have allready switched the imon hardware to RC-6 so I could use the remote as a MCE as opposed to the imon pad.

I am currently using the integrated IR module that is built into maverick as opposed to lirc. It works as far as I can tell when it comes to reading the remote, the enter and exit keys work fine, but no other keys work at all. Is this an issue with the IR module config or a XBMC configuration issue? This is a brand new install of XBMC and I have not modified any xbmc files.

Help is appreciated as always!

Thanks.

EDIT: Is there a IR snagging tool similiar to IRW built into maverick so I can at least see if it is recognizing other button presses at all?
lirc in 10.10 is messed up iirc. Use 10.04 anyway as it is an LTS and therefore you can use it for longer without having to dist-upgrade every 6 months. Could also try building lirc yourself and see if it fixes it.
LIRC is FUBAR in Maverick. Now that LIRC is 'in the kernel' it's no longer really "lirc" but a device. So IRW doesn't work in the traditional sense.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
So is LIRC no longer a seperate module but integrated into the new kernel? Or is the new IR stack new code in the kernel?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMX 10.1 and Ubuntu 10.10 - Remote Weirdness?0