Help with Windows PVR compile
I have been trying to compile XBMC on Windows 7 with the new PVR Addons for a couple of days without success. I have been following this guide at the XBMC Wiki. I have downloaded dushmaniac's repo from github.com.

First I will say I have (next to) zero experience compiling, and even less with git (or any other SCM tool). So I have read everything that I can on the forums, wiki and google to teach myself how to get this done.

I have tried using the buildsetup.bat and Visual C++ both to compile. I did once get a succesfull executable, but then the PVR addons could not be enabled (this was also using dteirney's repo which from what I have read is out of date)

My setup:
Dublin - Windows 7 32?bit
Athens - Ubuntu 10.10 with myth 0.23 installed

My questions:
1. Are there any necessary additions to the steps used in the wiki guide in order to compile for PVR support.
2. Using Git Bash, when I "git clone" and it clones the entire tree, how then do I compile the branch that I want.
3. The compile error out of Visual C++ is a "C1083" (I'm at work so I can't past the actual error message) I get this on a bunch of lines.

Thanks
1) no, it's exactly the same as plain xbmc
2) if you do "git clone" without saying what branch you want, the branch "master" is checked out. within the xbmc directory, do a "git checkout pvr-ppa" to get the stable branch
3) you're missing files. did you install the directx dev stuff and are those files in your path?

if you don't want to compile yourself, just get the precompiled version from my website: http://xbmc.opdenkamp.eu/
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I installed everything the Wiki told me to. For Directx i used this link.

My apologies I did not see the link to windows binaries on your sticky. I will use that for now.

I haven't given up on getting xbmc to compile myself though. I will go home and clean everything up and start over. One way or another I will get it figured out, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss a step somewhere.

In order to get directx in my path is this correct?

Quote:In the Debugging page, set Environment equal to XBMC_HOME=../.. (this is so XBMC can find its data files - language, add-ons, etc)
In the VC++ Directories page, Include Directories and Library Directories need to be appended with the path to the Build Dependencies we just downloaded. After adding the new directory, they should look like:
Include Directories: $(DXSDK_DIR)Include;$(ProjectDir)\..\BuildDependencies\include;$(IncludePath)
Library Directories: $(DXSDK_DIR)Lib\x86;$(ProjectDir)\..\BuildDependencies\lib;$(LibraryPath)
Also the "git checkout pvr-ppa" command, is that done on my local drive after I have cloned the repo, or do I login into github.com somehow.

Thanks
no idea about the directories (devving on linux myself). if you followed the instructions to the letter, it'll work. that's what I did to make the binaries Smile

"git clone" creates a local copy of the entire xbmc-pvr repos, with all branches. in that local copy ("cd xbmc"), type "git checkout pvr-ppa" to switch to the stable branch.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Quote:no idea about the directories (devving on linux myself). if you followed the instructions to the letter, it'll work. that's what I did to make the binaries Smile
A Developer following tutorials, makes me feel a lil' better.

I will get the compiling going, just got plug away at it.

Please let me be the upteenthmillionth person to say thanks for all the hard work that you and all the other devs have put into this project. If it weren't for guys like you, guys like me wouldn't have anything to do on the weekendsBig Grin!
Jay_M Wrote:A Developer following tutorials, makes me feel a lil' better.
well, just for the windows build Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Windows PVR compile0