XBMC channel numbering changes (with vdr-vnsiserver))
Now for the missing EPG. Anyone else using VNSI having EPG issues?
the channel uid fix is already online. incorrect uids could have been the cause for missing epg data as well. can you try the fix and don't forget to delete tv and epg databases.
ant_thomas Wrote:Now for the missing EPG. Anyone else using VNSI having EPG issues?

I just upgraded vnsi-plugin and xbmc, the channel-list problem is gone.
I don't have any problem with EPG. For me when it comes to xbmc-pvr EPG is the only thing stable and Every time i upgrade i usually delete or move the EPG and TV database file and start from scratch.
FernetMenta Wrote:
Code:
VDR VNSI Client: Logged in at '1303333503+7200' to 'VDR-Network-Streaming-Interface (VNSI) Server' Version: '0.0.1' with protocol version '140174847639554'

that's a bit strange. protocol should be 1 or 2. what version of the vnsi vdr plugin are you using?

another problem might be vdr's unique channel id. according to vdr doc it is defines as: SRC-NID-TID-SID-RID. if one of those paramters is changed, a channel gets a new unique id: PVR will create a new entry for this channel and will delete the old one -> position will change as well.

- can you compare you channels.conf and check if it changes?
- if this is the case, you can try to turn of channel update in setup.conf

maybe we need to find a different way to determine uniqueness of a vdr channel
I am using a git build, build from source
Anyway, it works :-) , even without the correct version

Jan
FernetMenta Wrote:the channel uid fix is already online. incorrect uids could have been the cause for missing epg data as well. can you try the fix and don't forget to delete tv and epg databases.

Hi FernetMenta!

I'm having problem with the new fix, It worked well the first day. I have channels that airs after 18:00,19:00 and 23:00, yesterday it was imported at the end thats normal behavior and i moved it to its original place. This morning everything perfect all channels are in the right place and now its after 19:00 and those channels are on top channel number 1 and 2 Sad
Dushmaniac... can we have another build with these updates?
decaturguy Wrote:Hi FernetMenta!

I'm having problem with the new fix, It worked well the first day. I have channels that airs after 18:00,19:00 and 23:00, yesterday it was imported at the end thats normal behavior and i moved it to its original place. This morning everything perfect all channels are in the right place and now its after 19:00 and those channels are on top channel number 1 and 2 Sad

Can you take a snapshot of you channels.conf at a time when those channels are
1) on air
2) not on air

Is there any difference?
Update: I missed something yesterday i wrote "This morning everything perfect all channels are in the right place" not true those channels disappears from xbmc channel list and appear on top when it airs.

I just took snapshot while those channels are on air, I'll take another snapshot tomorrow while they are off air.
Well I haven't tested it on dvb-t however I never got any issue with the channels list neither on dvb-c nor on dvb-s. I'm using UpdateChannels =3 in yavdr and always after XBMC update deleting the TV.db and the Epg.db in ~/xbmc/userdata/Database.

The EPG-issue as mentioned previously, however, is very persistent. Since Lars' 20110324-build no EPG at all!

Linux Mint Isadora 64-bit (LTS) + yavdr-stable + VNSI + XBMC (20110324-build with working EPG)
ant_thomas Wrote:Dushmaniac... can we have another build with these updates?
I haven't received any pull request (yet), so the fixes you're talking about wouldn't be included.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
the talk was about fixes in the vdr-plugin-vnsiserver:

https://github.com/pipelka/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver
aedon Wrote:Well I haven't tested it on dvb-t however I never got any issue with the channels list neither on dvb-c nor on dvb-s. I'm using UpdateChannels =3 in yavdr and always after XBMC update deleting the TV.db and the Epg.db in ~/xbmc/userdata/Database.

The EPG-issue as mentioned previously, however, is very persistent. Since Lars' 20110324-build no EPG at all!

Linux Mint Isadora 64-bit (LTS) + yavdr-stable + VNSI + XBMC (20110324-build with working EPG)

Hey there,

I'm new here. I decided to update my VDR/XBMC installation this afternoon and am now running vdr-1.7.16 ( from the vdr-stable ppa from yavdr ) and xbmc from lars' ppa in version odk28.

All is fine and dandy except that I can't get the EPG to work in XBMC. Since reading here that other people have issues with the EPG is there any way how I can get my hands on a version of XBMC which works (odk14)? I've tried downloading the odk14 version from launchpad but somehow I can't find the xbmc-bin package to download.

Is there anyone who could help me out here? It would be most appreciated.

Best regards,
I've just did a git pull on https://github.com/pipelka/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver, compiled the vnsi-plugin, installed it and restarted vdr, still the same, do I have to rebuild the vdr binary ?

I still don't have EPG.

Solved, after rebuilding the vdr as well, I got EPG working.

Thx
So the EPG issue is the fault of the VDR plugin rather than XBMC addon? Do you have the binary of the new VNSI plugin?
ant_thomas Wrote:So the EPG issue is the fault of the VDR plugin rather than XBMC addon? Do you have the binary of the new VNSI plugin?

If I understood things right a recent API change might be the cause of this problem. The XBMC builds since odk14 already incorporate this API change while the vdr-plugin-vnsiserver was only recently updated and I don't know if there's a built package yet anywhere to download.

I was able to get EPG working with the odk28 build of XBMC by compiling both VDR and the vdr-plugin-vnsiserver from source (downloaded from git yesterday).

I have uploaded the updated plugin binary here, but be aware - I was not able to successfully use the updated vdr-plugin-vnsiserver until I also installed VDR compiled from source (download here).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC channel numbering changes (with vdr-vnsiserver))1