Acer Iconia A500 tab compatibility ?
I'm the lucky owner of a Acer Iconia A500 tab. It is impossible to install XBMC Remote for Android from the Android Market on this tab, with a "no-compatibility" message.

Iconia A500 is running under "Honeycomb" Android version.

Is this the reason why it's impossible to install XBMC remote on it ?

Many thanks for your answers.

Serge.
more than likely. The code needs to compiled using the honeycomb sdk.
+1
I have recompiled XBMC Remote against the Honeycomb SDK (well I think that is what I have done) and can confirm it works on the Iconia A500. (I literally imported the source code, set the version to Honeycomb and exported the apk so no modification of the source code was required)

Due to the considerably larger screen size things look a little large so I plan on redesigning the interface slightly to allow more information on a single page (especially when viewed in landscape as the Iconia is primarily designed to do). This is likely to take sometime though as I need to get my head around programming on Android first!

As long as none of the developers etc mind I can send the recompiled apk to anyone that wants it - at least until the official version is built and released in a compatible version.
hello, good job. I'd like to test your apk until the team we develloped the app. I test the apk official there that works and telecomande bugs
guys, the latest version on the market is compiled against honeycomb already. you can also get it here.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Lovax,

I would suggest using the version linked to in Freezy's post as it is the official release (and works better than my compile).

Freezy,

Thanks for the link and I am using your compile now - it has much better integration with Honeycomb than the one I did. I still cannot see it in the Market yet though so cannot download from there.
Freezy,

I have found a slight issue with your official build. The only time I get a menu button (in your build it is the new style dropdown menu on the top right) is when there is no xbmc host setup. As soon as I set one up then I no longer had a menu button - so no way of adding new hosts, changing settings or accessing anything else in the menu.

I have submitted this into the tracker - http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...ail?id=507
so I tried apk on website google code, I can connect to my xbmc, but his plant after 2 minutes and I do little more launch the app without any plant. Too bad, I hoped that one official version will arrive honeycomb

Sorry for my english
je suis francais pour serge

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Iconia A500 tab compatibility ?0