Laptops
Now that the new AMD zacate / brazzos are out, howcome more people don't use them for HTPC's? $270 for a 10.6" laptop is pretty cheap. I'm using one with only a C-50 but with 6GB of ram and everything is flawless.
[HTML][/HTML]

On a sidenote, anyone remember reading anything about closed laptops being unable to resume from sleep?
Because it's a waste of the LCD. But some people do it such as me personally.

I have no issues with resuming from sleep with the lid closed. This is using an MCE receiver it wakes up just fine with the remote. Check all the advanced power settings.
I'll check the advanced power settings again, but I don't think thats the issue.

I'm using a Rii remote and with the lid closed, the laptop turns on (I can hear and see the power light) for a second, then turns off.
Q111Q Wrote:Now that the new AMD zacate / brazzos are out, howcome more people don't use them for HTPC's? $270 for a 10.6" laptop is pretty cheap. I'm using one with only a C-50 but with 6GB of ram and everything is flawless.
[HTML][/HTML]

On a sidenote, anyone remember reading anything about closed laptops being unable to resume from sleep?

Thanks for pointing this laptop out, I'd like an all purpose laptop/tablet PC for under $500 that can be used to run XBMC on it for the second bedroom and that my wife can occasionally run office on it when working from home. This comes very close but what's putting me off going down this option is that there seems to be no adequate docking stations with HDMI out because I can't see my wife wanting to figure out how to plug in the USB and HDMI wires when she wants to hook the laptop up to the TV and run XBMC.

At the moment I'm torn between getting an ATV2 just for the bedroom and also getting her a tablet/laptop PC or wait until something comes on the market that will meet all my needs.

Theres a bit of a gap in the market for an all purpose device like this, the Dell Inspiron Duo is close but just wish it was a bit more powerful, had an HDMI out and that the docking station also had an HDMI out.
Actually would the Asus Eee Pad Transformer be powerful enough to run XBMC Live from a micro SD card?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laptops0