[iPad] Only SD content Works without stuttering
Hi,

I have just installed xbmc on my iPad and I was wondering why like every movie file is stuttering. I'm using a SMB share and so far only SD content works, even 720p stuff is unwatchable.

I suspect the WLAN to be not fast enough but I've checked my router and it says it support 54 mbs. So what else can I do? Btw. I've an iPad 1.

Thanks in advance
Your HD files are h264, right? If not, read the stickies
Yes of course. I tried some 720p Quality Anime encodes as well as some DVD Rips from myself which I encoded with h.264 but which have DVD resolution, so not even HD. Both stutter and I see buffering all the time. But my wireless should be fast enough.

So I'm wondering if it got anything to do with my router or is the iPad 1 just not capable of playing those files? SD content seems to work fine.

Or is it due to the SMB share?
What's your iOS version?
Seems the official release only work for iOS below 4.3
And for offline xbmc work for 4.3.1
It is not working for 4.3.2 as i tried....

Did you try watch the video already stored on iPad? So that can get rid of the network issue.
Mhm I just updated to 4.3.2. That might be the problem already!

No I did not try local movies since I don't really know how to get the movies on the iPad. Usually with VLC or so I sync the movie using iTunes. Got any recommendation other then using SSH and scp?
Might be... it IS the problem.

The current official build does not support hardware acceleration for h264, Apple made changes to the hardware acceleration api's which made XBMC unable to utilise the hardware accel...

For now you could try the nightlies, or just wait for an official build with proper support for iOS 4.3+
Ah thanks a lot. Damn I thought I'd update cause an untethered JB was available for 4.3.2. Oh well I guess I just gotta wait for a new version of XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] Only SD content Works without stuttering0