RottenTomatoes C# Library
CherryTomato

CherryTomato makes using information provided by RottenTomatoes.com very simple. It's aim is to allow developers to quickly and safely create powerful applications with the JSON api provided for free by RottenTomatoes.

Full C# POCO objects allow you to concentrate on creating a great application and not parsing random JSON from a source.

I started working on this last night and thought you guys would like to use it when creating some applications. Currently it only fetches the Movie by ID number but it's actively being developed and will be feature-complete in no time. Smile

If you are a C# programmer considering contributing to the lib, it's open source!

I'm the original author of the library by the way and I hope you guys enjoy using it. It's very simple to use:

Code:
string apiKey = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["ApiKey"];
    var tomatoe = new Tomatoe(apiKey);

//Numerical ID in this case is 9818.
    var movie = tomatoe.FindMovieById(9818);

Console.WriteLine(movie.Name);
    Console.WriteLine(movie.Year);
    foreach (var rating in movie.Ratings)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("{0} Rating: {1}", rating.Type, rating.Score);
    }

Console.ReadKey();

https://bitbucket.org/sergiotapia/cherrytomato
What does the movie ID relate to? How can we match this with user's media library?
Well, you can search for a movie by it's name and assuming the movie is well known enough, it'll probably be the first result. Then you can grab the movieId of the first result and call the FindMovieById method to fetch the movie information.

If you have ideas please suggest as them or better yet, collaborate and push some code to the repo. Smile
I made some significant changes to the library and it has a lot more features now. Check out the github!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RottenTomatoes C# Library0