Babylon 5 tv series question
If anyone has this in xbmc can you explain how I can get the episodes in order it always wants to put ep 1-2 as the speical movies?
Thank
Star 
Just follow the wiki nomenclature so...

Babylon 5>Season 1>Babylon.S01E01.avi
Babylon 5>Season 1>Babylon.S01E02.avi
Babylon 5>Season 1>Babylon.S01E03.avi

etc.

You'll be gold.
That is how I have them but it puts ep1 and 2 as the first 2 movies not the epps
What episodes are you expecting to see? - if you have them named like that, then that is what you'll get from the scraper. If however you are expecting - 'The Gathering' and 'In The Beginning' as eps 1 and 2, then you're out of luck as the tvdb lists them as Specials and they will have to be named as S00E01 and S00E02.

Looks like there's been some discussion previously on the displayed order over at the tvdb forums - a quick search over there will provide information on their logic.
Ok I will give that a shot right now it is picking up eps 1 and 2 as the gathering and in the beginning and not as the first 2 eps
Hi!

I'm actually experiencing the same problem with Babylon 5 sraping using DVD order.

After taking a look at the database entries at thetvdb, I think I found the problem with the Babylon 5 specials. In the DVD order episode listing they wrongly entered the DVD episode number as epsiode 1 and 2 for the specials "The Gathering" and "In the Beginning". You can see this if you click on the special episodes for details.

Compared to the episode entries found for e.g. "Battlestar Galactica" this seems to be wrong. The entry details "DVD Season" and "DVD Episode Number" should be left empty on specials, if they are not part of the DVD box set.

A quick workaround for this problem is, to explicitly set the scraper to use the aired order for Babylon 5.

Cheers,
Zap
"Programming is like s*e*x, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life" - Mike Sinz
I have tried and I am not sure how to force it to the aired order.
ally68 Wrote:I have tried and I am not sure how to force it to the aired order.

There's a setting in the scraper options where you can select aired order rather than the dvd order. I know it was a pain to figure out, and once I did I backed up my db to individual nfo files so I wouldn't have to figure it out again.
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID
ally68 Wrote:I have tried and I am not sure how to force it to the aired order.

That's pretty easy. Go from the main menu to Videos->Files and then to the location, where you have put all your TV Shows. Then highlight the Babylon5 folder and hit "C" on your keyboard to get the context menu. Select "Set content" and go to scraper settings. There you can deselect the option to use the DVD order. You might also want to select "automatic scan" and click ok.

Now, these scraper settings are only for the Babylon5 folder and the scraper will find the correct order of the season episodes.

Cheers,
Zap
"Programming is like s*e*x, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life" - Mike Sinz
Sorry to resurrect a really old thread...

Where did you place the "specials" files...
In the specific season folders, or in their own "specials" folder?

Going to try the Aired Date option below later, but wanted to make sure I have the files in the correct directory structure.

Thanks

Adam
RaspBMC | XBMC (12.3 Git:20131212-9ed3e58)

Raspberry Pi - 512 MB (Model B rev 2)
Boot Partition - Sandisk Ultra SDHC 16GB
OS Partition - Transcend 16GB JetFlash 700 USB3.0
Network Connection - Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter
They can be in any folder. XBMC doesn't really care about sub folders inside of a TV show folder, as long as the file names are correct.
(2014-04-22, 12:53)Ned Scott Wrote: They can be in any folder. XBMC doesn't really care about sub folders inside of a TV show folder, as long as the file names are correct.

Many thanks Smile

Just to follow up on this...

Checked scrapper settings for this and I'm set to Aired Order already.
File names get a match from thetvdb using FileBot, so assume the scrapper would be ok.

Next step will be to rename the specials as s00e0x as per the above to see if that makes a difference...

At present scapper doesn't attempt to look at the specials at all though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Babylon 5 tv series question0