MSI Zecate E350IA-E45 has 24 pin ATX and pico psu is 20 pin...
Will a 20 pin power supply work with the 24-pin Zecate boards?
on my gigabyte the 20 pin worked but the board insisted on the secondary 4 pin atx p4 plug next to the cpu, or it would not boot.

Seems silly for an apu with low power consumption
yeah and unfortunately the 4-pin connector for the 60W picoPSU is incredibly short. I'll have to take it to work tomorrow just to extend it and heat shrink it (i.e. no supplies at home right now).
It should work fine and you shouldn't get across any problems, the extra pins is for safety in a manner of saying, to don't put too much heat in the cables (20 pin), anyway, as long as you don't connect anything to the PCI-E slot you are going to be safe.
I don't think it's physically possible to connect anything to the PCI-E slot in this LOL.

This MSI motherboard + Mini-box M350 + 60W PicoPSU is a really bad combination. Everything overlaps and barely fits.
I know, but never hurts to warn.
I dont think you need to worry about the extra 4 pins on the PSU as they are 5V and ground pins, and I don't think anything on the e350 is really heavy on the 5v rail. You will need to use the 4-pin auxiliary connection, but you should see no stability issues using a 20-pin pico psu.
wicky Wrote:I dont think you need to worry about the extra 4 pins on the PSU as they are 5V and ground pins, and I don't think anything on the e350 is really heavy on the 5v rail. You will need to use the 4-pin auxiliary connection, but you should see no stability issues using a 20-pin pico psu.
Sorry, but the "extra" 4 pin connector is 3.3v / 5v / 12v / GND.

Not even the CPU "extra" connector is 5v, they are 12v & GND.

And the problem isn't stability, is burn, too much power through connector/cable and it burns, that's why the motherboard has X pin/connectors/cables specifications.
I apologize, you are correct, I was recalling pins 21-24' which are 5v and ground, and mistaking that with the final pin clusters which are pins 11, 12, 23, 24.

The wiring in the pico psu is well within spec so you really shouldn't worry about that aspect. Frankly on these low power platforms the use of a 24 pin main is more about compatibility and cost cutting than a requirement of the platform. The mini itx platform is flexible on power, allowing for the use of 20, 24, or a variety of integrated or external options.
But the point still stands, you can use a 20-pin pico psu without fault on the zacate platform as many of us who own the boards can testify to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MSI Zecate E350IA-E45 has 24 pin ATX and pico psu is 20 pin...0