Increase FPS for Audio Visualization
Hey Guys,

I have XBMC running on Lucid with a Core 2 Duo 2.6 processor and GT8500 gfx card. Everything is perfect and I love xbmc except that the audio visualization is really slow. It maxes out at 60fps (which is my refresh rate) and makes visualization look strange. I've tried turning off vsync in both xbmc and the driver settings itself but that doesn't seem to help, it's always stuck at 60fps. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Which visualization are you using? Fps shouldn't have any effect on the speed here.
I'm using waveform or the OpenGL. The waveform looks like a slideshow, why wouldn't the fps matter? I like the visualizations but when they don't make the beat/music it bugs me. I know it's just a personal preference, but if it's possible to fix I'd really like to.
(2010-11-22, 04:19)jimmyyzz Wrote: I'm using waveform or the OpenGL. The waveform looks like a slideshow, why wouldn't the fps matter? I like the visualizations but when they don't make the beat/music it bugs me. I know it's just a personal preference, but if it's possible to fix I'd really like to.

I'm late to this party. But for what its worth, I've been poking with this as well. The problem is not the FPS, 60 is plenty. The problem is that XBMC doesn't supply visualizations with fresh audio data on each frame. In my experiements it seems to only supply new data at 10 frames per second. This is why it looks like a slide show. Grr.

/mike.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Increase FPS for Audio Visualization0