XBMC - The Dharma Guide
i can't download any zip files onto xbmc. the okay icon in settings is permanently ghosted. does anyone know why?
Can you post a screenshot? I don't know what exactly you mean...
Please elaborate a little bit, I'm sure that someone can help you then Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

HenryFord Wrote:The guide is now available in the XBMC-Wiki (although some parts are missing):
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dharma_Guide

I will update it accordingly with my current guide.
I will at one point extend my guide to Eden, but didn't have yet time to review this.

I kept dragging my feet on that :)

I wasn't sure if the team would want the Sickbeard part on there, but now it doesn't sound like anyone has a problem with it. I've never used Sickbeard myself, so I'm not exactly sure how it all works, but just try to avoid direct links/words to/about pirated stuff (if there is any. Again, never used it myself), and everyone should be happy. That is to say, to specific stuff or sites that are just about piracy.

I have no personal problems with it, and I certainly don't judge other people (or, in theory, myself) if they may or may not do such things, but the wiki is basically covered under the same no-piracy stuff that the forums just adopted. So if you can say it on the forums then you can say it on the wiki.
Ned Scott Wrote:I kept dragging my feet on that Smile
(...)
I have no personal problems with it, and I certainly don't judge other people (or, in theory, myself) if they may or may not do such things, but the wiki is basically covered under the same no-piracy stuff that the forums just adopted. So if you can say it on the forums then you can say it on the wiki.
Understandable - this is why I added the disclaimer in the introduction myself... it could - in theory - become dangerous for XBMC to include such things.

Edit:
Just jumped through my guide again - it shouldn't be a problem regarding XBMC's piracy stand, I don't link to any warez-sites specifically (except for one link to nzbsrus, if you consider nzb-sites as piracy) and as mentioned in the piracy-stand-thread, sickbeard and couchpotato don't actually download anything from the usenet, this is handled by sabnzbd which again is only a client to binary-usenet-posts. In my opinion this isn't violating Smile

Btw: I'm really proud that my Guide found it's way into the wiki Smile I hope that I am able - at some point - to help out more with the XBMC, especially regarding developement, but at this point I am a real newbie to C++ (and C for that matter) and free-time to learn more just isn't there - I have a heavy workload at my job.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I believe when nzb stuff was brought up we felt it was the same thing as torrents. As in, could be used for bad, could be used for good, but nzb in itself was not bad. So it should be all good.
Thanks dude, very helpful!!
No problem!

You can - from now on - also easily access the guide on my webpage:
http://tbueter.com/?page_id=11

I will update everything by the way to Eden, since it is out the door already. I'll update the guide accordingly (also with the new version of CP and SB).
I'm already up ahead for Eden, think a release is possible within the next two weeks.

This thread is officially deprecated from now on.
I updated the guide to Eden - you can see it over here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129826

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - The Dharma Guide0